Senior IT Infrastructure Support Analyst
Proudly Canadian-owned, Enercare is committed to providing the best services, solutions and advice to make customer’s homes as comfortable as they can be. With Enercare Advantage, we provide affordable clean air and water solutions for homes and workplaces. We are committed to operating in an environmentally responsible way, including keeping as much waste out of landfills as possible, and giving back to the communities where we live and work. Enercare is about putting people first by listening to our customers, continuous improvement and making our organization a destination for building people’s careers.
Come and join one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies! We offer comprehensive benefits, a DC Pension Plan and savings match plan. If you are passionate about joining an organization committed to delivering 5 Star Customer Service, we would love to hear from you.
Enercare has embraced a hybrid work environment for the time being as we try different options and technologies to determine what will work best for the future of our people and our organization. Join us with an open mind on the future of work!
Role: Senior IT Infrastructure Support Analyst
Status: Regular, Full Time
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Manager, Infrastructure Support
Location: Markham - Hybrid
This position will be primarily responsible for designing, planning, installing, and configuring highly available server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning. The candidate will have experience with both application and infrastructure components required to maintain a hybrid on-prem and cloud infrastructure, and a proven track record of keeping security top of mind.
Enercare is embarking on a period of unprecedented technological transformation. In addition to operational tasks, the successful candidate will participate in assessing existing platforms, designing future state, and building transition plans to migrate both applications and infrastructure to highly resilient cloud environments.
- Understand how Infrastructure systems and applications relate to business needs and applications
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support, including end-to-end resolution and root cause analysis, in collaboration with other functional groups, business units, and vendors
- Collaborate with Application teams to manage and maintain monitoring of key systems to ensure SLA requirements are met and offer proactive problem resolution
- Design & implement automations to increase administrative & operational efficiency
- Install, configure, and maintain data centre hardware and software at two sites, including an on-call rotation
- Provide technical guidance, advice, and assistance to other members of the team as required, including managed service partners
- Conduct hardware and software audits to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines for enterprise systems
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and perform system administration & support tasks as required
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary team to build out our cloud infrastructure footprint
- Work with project & development teams to assess technology and hosting requirements for mission critical systems
- Perform research and analysis in infrastructure technologies to identify, propose and implement cost effective and practical technology solutions
- Utilize technical knowledge to drive the delivery of scalable & secure infrastructure resources
- Assist in planning upgrades for systems approaching end of life
- Implement cloud backup methodologies that support the DR policies and procedures of the IT Infrastructure environment
- Implement robust alerting framework & update management for cloud components
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, diagrams, and processes for all implementations & changes
- Help plan & drive adoption of Infrastructure-as-code approach to cloud management
- University Degree/ College Diploma or equivalent in Computer Science.
- 5+ years working with both Cloud and On-Prem Infrastructure platforms
- Ability to work independently, lead projects, and negotiate business requirements against technical constraints
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- High-performance team player with an open mind and attitude to explore new technologies, improve efficiency, and embrace change
- Strong grasp of computer & enterprise security
- Proven strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Stand Out:
- Knowledge in DevOps as a Service methodology, including Infrastructure-as-code best practices
- Hardware experience with Nutanix is desirable
- Proficient in PowerShell, ARM/Bicep
- Experience with Microsoft Graph API; Azure Automation; Logic Apps/Power Automate; Power
- BI Administration: Strong grasp of Microsoft licensing
- Cloud Hosting Platforms including Azure, AWS
- Nutanix Hyperconverged Infrastructure, including Frame
- Storage Management – IBM
- VMware ESX
- Active Directory
- Microsoft 365, Power BI
- Commvault & Metallic Backup
- ManageEngine AD360
- Delinea (formerly Thycotic) Secret Server
Enercare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, pregnancy, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Enercare’s recruitment process includes accommodation for applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable provincial accessibility laws and regulations. All accommodations will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability and are available upon request.
- Pay Type Salary
- 7400 Birchmount Rd, Markham, ON L3R 5V4, Canada