Youth Physical Programs - Child & Youth Program Instructor
JOB TITLE: Child & Youth Program Instructor
DEPARTMENT: Child, Youth & Aquatics
PLACEMENT: Part Time
PAY: $16.10 per hour
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is a registered charity dedicated to building healthy communities by nurturing the potential of children, youth and families, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within our community.
The YMCA is thrilled to be recognized on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022. The YMCA has always been a place for meaningful work experiences, not only because of the opportunities, but because of why we’re here. When you measure success by how many people you have helped, it adds a deeper sense of purpose to what you’re doing. By striving to improve our employee experience, we have made the YMCA a good place to work while doing good work.
Our YMCA is a trusted and respected employer of 1000 full and part time staff and hundreds of volunteers, serving tens of thousands of people each year in child care, camp, health and fitness, leadership, employment and literacy, immigrant services and youth programming. We provide upwards of $1 million in financial assistance each year to support individuals and families in local communities who otherwise would not be able to afford participation. The YMCA is committed to making its programs open and accessible to everyone.
So much more than buildings and programs, our YMCA is a place to belong and to grow strong. We promote and develop healthy minds and spirits as much as healthy bodies. We support children and youth to grow up strong, confident and resilient. And, we help busy individuals and families at every age and stage to connect with the people, the values and the activities that matter most to them, every day. We are committed to this work at every level of our organization because we know that when we support people of all backgrounds, ages and abilities to fulfill health goals, reach their full potential and feel they truly belong, we build stronger communities. We currently operate across Simcoe County and the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound.
If you are an individual who is passionate about building stronger, healthier and more connected communities, we want to talk to you.
The Child and Youth Program Leader is responsible for ensuring a safe environment and delivering quality, values based programming and services to children, youth and families.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Teaching and coaching a variety of YMCA child, youth and family programs.
- Continuously building relationships with all members, participants, staff and volunteers.
- Ensure all safety, program instruction best practices and procedures are adhered to.
- In the event of an emergency respond as trained by the Association.
- Plan, organize and implement core lesson plans/daily lesson plans
- Maintain records as needed, including attendance sheets, program area maintenance items and daily checklists.
- Work as part of a team to ensure a clean and well maintained facility at all times.
- Identify and create opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
- To maintain current qualifications as required by this position.
- Flexible work week including days, evenings and weekends.
- Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
- Standard First Aid/CPR Certification ‘C’
- Mandated training is provided required to be completed before or shortly after commencement of work:
- Healthy Child Development
- Child Protection orientation
- AODA training
- Health & Safety Awareness training
- Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) training
- PCI Compliance
Applications will remain open until June 16, 2023
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.10
- Telecommute % 0
- Job Start Date May 7, 2023
- Gravenhurst, ON, Canada