Alliston Child Care Supply Educator
Looking for Talented Child Care Educators to join our team!
If you are currently looking for a position with growth potential and a great place to work, we invite you to join our team and make a difference in the community.
LOCATIONS: Ernest Cumberland, Holy Family
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification OR completion of certification within first 90 days of employment
- Successful completion of Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations
- Required availability: Shifts are scheduled based on centre needs and will include pre-planned or day-of requests. Shifts may include opening shifts, split-shifts, and closing shifts.
- Ensures all children and youth programs provide quality care, service and support to the participants and their families. Understands and complies with provincial, municipal and YMCA Child Care Guidance Policies.
- Plans and implements a consistent child-centred program in accordance with YMCA curricula Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Maintains qualifications and certifications as required by the YMCA and provincial standards.
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions.
- Cleans and sanitizes child care spaces, focusing on frequently touched surfaces, equipment, toys, and any other areas or items deemed necessary, following YMCA health and safety protocols and procedures.
- Identifies the indicators of abuse, and understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Seeks opportunities to deepen connections and increase engagement of parents and children in care, providing further opportunities to get involved in other YMCA Programs.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association.
- Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Adheres to work schedule to ensure program stays within ratio and provides required adequate notice to supervisor regarding unexpected scheduling changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Registered Early Childhood Educator:
· Early Childhood Educator Diploma
· Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE) or be willing to obtain registration
Early Childhood Assistant:
· A minimum of 6 months experience working with young children
GENERAL JOB KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screen and three professional references for review prior to starting employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.10
- Max Hiring Rate $22.25
- Alliston, New Tecumseth, ON, Canada