Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME), YYZ
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Schedule: This role works a rotating shift that includes days, evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays.
The big picture:
Have your career take off with us! As an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) within our Maintenance team you are responsible for carrying out aircraft maintenance, ensuring alignment with standards of airworthiness, Canadian Aviation Regulations and AirSprint’s procedures. With a passion for aviation, thorough knowledge of aircraft and related systems and excellent troubleshooting skills you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing AirSprint’s aircraft and components.
While performing functional role of AME, you would be enthusiastically demonstrating AirSprint’s Values in everything you do. By ensuring safe and effective operations of our aircraft, this position plays a key role in enabling our team to go above and beyond, working collaboratively to provide reliable travel experience to our Owners each time they fly with us.
In this role you will:
- Complete scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on AirSprint’s fleet of modern business aircraft in accordance with Transport Canada’s regulations and standards.
- Carry out repair, servicing, and troubleshooting of aircraft and components according to specifications, company manuals and established procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair advanced aircraft mechanical and electrical systems utilizing comprehensive, and up to date technical resources with full support from the manufacturer.
- Perform maintenance on Turbo Fan aircraft equipped with Full Authority Digital Engine Controls (FADEC).
- Work with advanced avionics packages comprised of leading-edge technology.
- Report issues affecting the serviceability or safety of aircraft.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Transport Canada AME M1 or M2 License
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
• A Canadian Passport or a valid Passport to another country with a US Visa.
• Valid driver’s license.
Bonus points if you have:
- Current experience on aircraft type (Cessna 525 series, Embraer 545/550)
- Current experience with Garmin G3000 or Collins Proline Fusion avionics suites
- Current experience on Honeywell HTF7000 or Williams FJ44 powerplants
- A valid YYC or YYZ Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP)
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Can identify hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and take appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for yourself and others.
- Are able to effectively operate and complete work with little direction.
- Are a humble team player and are ready to pitch in wherever you’re needed.
- Are passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
- Are detail-oriented and strive to provide high-quality work.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Act with integrity and honesty and foster respectful interactions.
- Have great judgement and decision-making skills.
We think you’ll like working with us because:
- We care about your health and well-being and offer an employee assistance program, extended health care benefits, dental and vision benefits, and paid time off.
- We value your contribution to our success and provide a competitive salary and an RRSP matching program.
- We have a great team, and we work hard together toward common goals and with a passion for excellence.
- We offer family and friends flight benefits.
- We respect, honour, and celebrate the diversity of our employees as we know our differences make us better. Our core values of Community and People mean we’re focused on equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and reconciliation.
- We value Safety, which is why we require applicants to complete a background check assessment.
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost and personalized for their individual needs.
To learn more about working with AirSprint visit us at www.airsprint.com or watch our video
- Pay Type Salary
- Ontario, 6120 Midfield Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada