Reporting to: Operations Control Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Schedule: This role works a 4 on 4 off schedule on a rotating shift that includes days, evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays.
Starting Salary: $48,000 per annum
Closing Date: May 31, 2023
The big picture:
Have your career take off with us! As a Flight Follower within our Integrated Operations Control Centre (IOCC) team, you are responsible for supporting and following all the flights to their destinations. Flight Follower plays an integral role in ensuring that AirSprint aircrafts are safely and efficiently monitored in accordance with the established standards and regulations.
As part of Operations Control team while performing functional role of a Flight Follower, you would be enthusiastically demonstrating AirSprint’s corporate value of service in everything you do. With a passion for aviation, strong attention to details, excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills, you will be closely monitoring the locations and statuses of the aircrafts ensuring proper adherence to procedures throughout all flight phases. This position plays a key role in enabling our team to go over and beyond, working collaboratively to provide reliable and efficient travel experience and exceptional customer service to our Owners each time they fly with us.
In this role you will:
- Monitor the location and status of all active and scheduled flights, ensuring detailed and timely updates are communicated to the Owner Services team and Duty Managers
- Maintain awareness of weather conditions on-route, bringing any potential issues to the attention of the Duty Managers
- Ensure efficient and effective communication through maintaining radio communication with all active flights
- Proactively update customs and the Fixed Base Operator (FBO)’s on flight schedules, changes and anticipated arrival times as required
- Proactively update Owners on flight schedules, changes, and anticipated arrival or departure times as required
- Actively communicate and coordinate with Owner Services team to ensure arrangement of Owner’s requests for ground logistics are aligned with the flight schedules
- Review and maintain flight logs, regularly inputting data into post-flight records
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Control Manager
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 1 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education/training
- Knowledge of Transport Canada regulations and standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency using MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
Bonus points if you have:
- Completed Transport Canada’s Flight Dispatcher Generic Written Examinations (FDOPS and FDMET)
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to interpret weather reports.
- Previous experience in Aviation industry
- Written and oral proficiency in French
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Are passionate about aviation and providing exceptional customer service
- Focus on getting things right, down to the last detail
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Highly organized with strong multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Act with integrity and honesty and can maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Thrive in a fast paced and agile environment
- Are a collaborative team player
We think you’ll like working with us because:
- We care about your health and well-being and offer an employee assistance program, extended health care benefits, dental and vision benefits, and paid time off
- We value your contribution to our success and provide a competitive salary and an RRSP matching program
- We have a great team, and we work hard together toward common goals and with a passion for excellence
- We offer family and friends flight benefits
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost and personalized for their individual needs.
To learn more about working with AirSprint visit us at www.airsprint.com or watch our video
AirSprint values diversity in our workplace and wants to ensure every applicant is treated equitably and respectfully. If you require any support in the application process, including disability accommodation, please get in touch with Human Resources at humanresources@AirSprint.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary - Head Office, 35 McTavish Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada