Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Apprentice, YYZ
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Schedule: This role works a rotating shift that includes days, evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays.
Closing Date: September 25, 2023
The big picture:
Have your career take off with us! As an AME Apprentice within our Maintenance team, you will assist our licensed AME’s with maintaining our fleet of modern business aircraft. Using your troubleshooting skills and knowledge of aircraft maintenance practices, your responsibilities at AirSprint will involve performing various tasks related to the maintenance and repair of aircraft and their components.
While performing the functional role of AME Apprentice, you would be demonstrating AirSprint’s corporate values in everything you do. By ensuring safe and effective operation of our aircraft, this position plays a key role in enabling our team to go above and beyond, working collaboratively to provide a dependable and enjoyable travel experience to our owners each time they fly with us.
In this role you will:
- Carry out inspection, repair, servicing, and troubleshooting of AirSprint’s fleet of modern business aircraft, according to the manufacture’s specifications, company policies and procedures and Transport Canada regulations and standards while under the supervision of a licensed AME.
- Maintain tools and equipment required to perform primary duties.
- Support AMEs and work in a collaborative manner ensuring operational efficiency.
- Maintain ground equipment.
- Conduct workplace inspections and clean ups.
- Report issues affecting the serviceability or safety of aircraft.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent mechanical ability and tool skills.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Diploma with Transport Canada accreditation.
- Knowledge of Transport Canada Regulations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
- A Canadian Passport or a valid Passport of another country with a US Visa.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver abstract
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous mechanical experience.
- Previous aviation experience.
- Can identify hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and take appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for yourself and others.
- Are able to effectively operate and complete work with little direction.
- Are a humble team player and are ready to pitch in wherever you’re needed.
- Are passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
- Are detail-oriented and strive to provide high-quality work.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Act with integrity and honesty and foster respectful interactions.
- Have great judgement and decision-making skills.
We think you’ll like working with us because:
- We care about your health and well-being and offer an employee assistance program, extended health care benefits, dental and vision benefits, and paid time off.
- We value your contribution to our success and provide a competitive salary and an RRSP matching program.
- We have a great team, and we work hard together toward common goals and with a passion for excellence.
- We offer family and friends flight benefits.
- We respect, honour, and celebrate the diversity of our employees as we know our differences make us better. Our core values of Community and People mean we’re focused on equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and reconciliation.
- We value Safety, which is why we require applicants to complete a background check assessment.
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost and personalized for their individual needs.
To learn more about working with AirSprint visit us at www.airsprint.com or watch our video
AirSprint values diversity in our workplace and wants to ensure every applicant is treated equitably and respectfully. If you require any support in the application process, including disability accommodation, please get in touch with Human Resources at humanresources@AirSprint.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Ontario, 6120 Midfield Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada