Operations Manager - Woodlands - AVTB
This position will be based in Thunder Bay, Ontario while managing our Woodlands operations in the Greenstone and North of Superior areas. AV Terrace Bay Woodlands operations encompass the Kenogami, Lake Nipigon and Pic River SFL’s in Ontario, with an annual harvest level of 1.4 million m3/year, supplying the Terrace Bay pulpmill, 6 sawmill operations and one Veneer mill in the region
AV Terrace Bay is an exciting and innovative company operating in the global market of producing quality Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft. Located in Terrace Bay, Ontario, the pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the province on the North Shore of Lake Superior. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, AV Terrace Bay's focus is to produce pulp products. The Aditya Birla Group is a 55 billion US$ corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities.
Position location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
AV Terrace Bay Inc. is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager, to join its Woodlands division.
Reporting to the Woodlands Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of harvest and delivery operations including road construction and maintenance activities, delivery to internal and external customers, contractor management and development, as well as supervision and training of a team of Forestry Professionals.
Responsibilities associated to this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and Coaching a team of forestry professionals to high performance
- Provide expert level leadership in the management of harvesting, road construction and transportation of forest products
- Oversee the Health & Safety Program in company operations
- Ensuring environmental regulation are met through active management of the company Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Work closely with planning and operations to plan and execute the operating plans to meet both internal and external customers requirements
- Coaching contractors to ensure safety, environmental, production, delivery and quality targets are consistently met
- Provide the leadership required to foster an environment of continuous improvement across the operation.
- Forestry or Forest Engineering Degree or Technology Diploma with appropriate experience
- Minimum 7 + years of Forestry Operations experience
- Minimum 3+ years in a leadership role with experience supervising staff and managing operations
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Microsoft Office skills (excel, word)
- Must own a vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license
WHY AV TERRACE BAY INC.?
With AV Terrace Bay Inc., you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Terrace Bay offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package, and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for this position, please submit your application online by clicking Apply Now!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Thunder Bay, ON, Canada