Front Office Manager - Brand New Hotel!
As one of Banff’s leading hospitality companies, Banff Lodging Co. offers a diverse range of jobs and careers with a perks and benefits program that focuses on wellness and work life balance made for a mountain lifestyle. Our commitment to exceptional guest experiences is matched by our dedication to staff, we value teamwork, creativity and a passion for providing outstanding hospitality experiences. We provide ongoing training and development to help our employees advance in their careers and our properties include a diverse range of hotels, resorts, and restaurants, each with its unique character and style, giving employees the chance to work in a variety of settings and learn new skills.
We are seeking a proven and enthusiastic leader to come join our team as Front Office Manager at our newest property, Hotel Canoe & Suites. As the Front Office Manager, your excellent leadership skills and passion for delivering outstanding customer service will contribute to creating a welcoming and memorable stay for our guests. You will have the opportunity to build a dynamic team, provide guidance and training, and actively participate in the growth and success of Banff’s newest hotel. You will play a crucial role in shaping the hotel’s identity and guest experience as well as having the chance to contribute your ideas, expertise, and creativity to create an inviting atmosphere.
At Banff Lodging Co. we believe in investing in our employees’ professional growth, offering opportunities for advancement and development within our organisation. This is an exciting chance to be at the forefront of a new venture and leave your mark on the Hotel Canoe & Suites success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivate, train and lead front office colleagues.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service are observed by all Front Office staff.
- Manage departmental budget (including financial, labor and other resources), and utilize yield management tools to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Oversee the proactive management of room inventory for timeshare and regular hotel bookings.
- Prepare staff schedules, reports and other documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead recruitment and selection activities in partnership with Human Resources to build and maintain an effective Front Office Team.
- Monitor, audit and verify financial transactions to maintain accuracy and ensure correct procedure.
- Lead by example, promoting a productive, inclusive, safe, healthy and enjoyable work environment that embodies the core philosophies of the Banff Lodging Co.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous supervisory/management experience within a hotel or similar front office environment (minimum 12 months is desirable).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English essential) and numerical proficiency.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and time manage your workload in a busy, fast-pace environment.
- Prior experience training, coaching, mentoring and motivating colleagues.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous experience with hotel information management systems is desirable. Prior experience with Maestro will be considered a significant asset.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation and objection handling skills.
Still not convinced? Here are some more benefits of working with Banff Lodging Co.:
- Opportunties to invest in our employee shares program.
- Banff Lodging Co. employee home loan support.
- Huge food & beverage discounts throughout all BLC restaurants.
- Excellent heath & wellbeing programs including free yoga, discounted ski passes, free canoe and golf passes, and discounted fitness club memberships.
- Discounts on spa services.
- Complimentary hotel stays at any of our 15 hotels!
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a breathtaking location, look no further than Banff Lodging Co.! Apply today to become part of our team and start living the dream in this amazing destination.
Please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Banff Lodging Co. is committed to building a workplace where everyone can succeed and belong. As a Signatory to the Bow Valley Workplace Inclusion Charter we continue to work on our ongoing commitment to build an even more diverse, equitable, and inclusive team environment. We are working to eliminate barriers for applicants and team members from equity-seeking groups. If you can’t apply online or need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com or 403-760-8521.
- Job Family Hotel Salary
- Pay Type Salary
- Hotel Canoe and Suites, 600 Banff Avenue, Banff, Alberta, Canada