As one of Banff’s leading hospitality companies, Banff Lodging Co. offers a diverse range of jobs and careers with a perks and benefits program that focuses on wellness and work life balance made for a mountain lifestyle. Our commitment to exceptional guest experiences is matched by our dedication to staff, we value teamwork, creativity and a passion for providing outstanding hospitality experiences. We provide ongoing training and development to help our employees advance in their careers and our properties include a diverse range of hotels, resorts, and restaurants, each with its unique character and style, giving employees the chance to work in a variety of settings and learn new skills.
Be a part of an exciting culinary journey and shape our future of gastronomy! We are seeking a talented and visionary Head Baker to lead the way in crafting extraordinary culinary experiences at our two brand-new restaurants and special event facilities. Join us as we turn a new leaf and re-open as one of Banff’s premium dining destinations. We are committed to delivering unparalleled dining experiences, and we believe that exceptional pastries and baked goods play a crucial role in creating unforgettable moments for our guests.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape the offerings from scratch, to build your own team and establish a reputation for excellence. This is your chance to showcase your creativity, finesse, and commitment to culinary innovation.
At Banff Lodging Co. we believe in investing in our employees’ professional growth, offering opportunities for advancement and development within our organization. This is an exciting chance to be at the forefront of a new venture with tremendous opportunity for growth.
Responsibilities of a Head Baker with Banff Lodging Co.:
- Develop and execute captivating offerings that complement our culinary vision.
- Oversee all bread, dessert and pastry requirements for two outlets and event spaces.
- Satisfaction of creating delicious and visually appealing pastries and baked goods for our customers.
- Collaborate closely with our culinary team to ensure seamless integration of offerings with the overall menu, creating a harmonious and memorable dining experience.
- Order pastry & baking products and supplies as required while managing inventory and controlling costs.
- Train and develop the culinary team responsible for pastry and baking.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Lead Baker (or Pastry Chef)), with a track record of creating exceptional pastries.
- A passion for culinary innovation and a desire to challenge traditional boundaries.
- Excellent skills in banquet and a la carte individual dessert plate presentation.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high-volume quality environment.
Still not convinced? Here are some more benefits of working with Banff Lodging Company:
- Opportunities to invest in our employee shares program.
- Banff Lodging Co. employee home loan support.
- Huge food & beverage discounts throughout all BLC restaurants.
- Excellent heath & wellbeing programs including free yoga, discounted ski passes, free canoe and golf passes, and discounted fitness club memberships.
- Discounts on spa services.
- Complimentary hotel stays at any of our 15 hotels!
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a breathtaking location, look no further than Banff Lodging Company! Apply today to become part of our team and start living the dream in this amazing destination.
Please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Banff Lodging Co. is committed to building a workplace where everyone can succeed and belong. As a Signatory to the Bow Valley Workplace Inclusion Charter we continue to work on our ongoing commitment to build an even more diverse, equitable, and inclusive team environment. We are working to eliminate barriers for applicants and team members from equity-seeking groups. If you can’t apply online or need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-760-8521.
- Job Family Restaurant BOH
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hotel Canoe and Suites, 600 Banff Avenue, Banff, Alberta, Canada