Assistant Executive Housekeeper
As one of Banff’s leading hospitality companies, Banff Lodging Co. offers a diverse range of jobs and careers with a perks and benefits program that focuses on wellness and work life balance made for a mountain lifestyle. Our commitment to exceptional guest experiences is matched by our dedication to staff, we value teamwork, creativity and a passion for providing outstanding hospitality experiences. We provide ongoing training and development to help our employees advance in their careers and our properties include a diverse range of hotels, resorts, and restaurants, each with its unique character and style, giving employees the chance to work in a variety of settings and learn new skills.
Alongside the Executive Housekeeper, our Assistant Housekeeper is jointly responsible for the overall cleanliness, detail, servicing, resources, care and maintenance of all guestrooms, and public areas within the hotel. The Assistant Executive Housekeeper is a highly capable individual who provides leadership, guidance and direction while achieving the department’s mission and standards with a young and energetic workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing goals, measurements and results for the department along with the Executive Housekeeper.
- Effective recruitment, selection, and development of leaders and colleagues.
- Positively impacting colleague satisfaction, and the guest experience through a coaching nature and empathetic approach to leadership.
- Ensuring high morale through recognition and the removal of identified barriers.
- Coaching, developing & managing the performance of the Housekeeping leadership/supervisor team.
- Maintaining all training documentation for all positions including the leadership training program.
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards immediately.
- Monitoring and revising as needed, departmental health & safety tools including WCB and WHMIS training programs, policies and practices.
- Ensuring a safe work environment is maintained at all times and that all colleagues are committed to working safely.
- Organizing, implementing and tracking all deep cleaning projects for guestrooms and public areas.
- Helping to develop departmental policies and procedures by which the highest possible degree of cleanliness, maintenance and aesthetic value are achieved;
- Adapting to the challenges of a young and evolving work force.
- Tracking and addressing all guest comments and concerns.
- Ensuring company rooms core standards are implemented and audited for consistency.
- Effectively scheduling, vacation planning and department productivity results to budget.
- Providing necessary resources, functional tools and equipment to get the job done. This includes developing, implementing, maintaining, a preventative maintenance plan to ensure the quality & efficiency of tools & equipment.
- Effective everyday communications, including performance management.
- Preparing monthly reports on preventative housekeeping maintenance, expenses, including, but not limited to, labor, chemicals, guestroom supplies, linen, laundry and contract cleaning.
- Effective and timely interaction with all Hotel departments, key relationship with Front Office & Maintenance.
- Assist will all aspects of scheduling and payroll throughout the Housekeeping Department.
- Additional duties may be assigned to help meet guest needs.
Skills and Experience
- Previous housekeeping experience (supervisor role) is a strong asset.
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to motivate and lead employees in a busy, high quality environment.
- A thorough understanding of WCB Health & Safety programs and WHMIS guidelines would be considered an asset.
- Possess a positive outlook with the ability to motivate staff in a high energy environment.
- Proven guest service ability with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Banff Lodging Co. is committed to building a workplace where everyone can succeed and belong. As a Signatory to the Bow Valley Workplace Inclusion Charter we continue to work on our ongoing commitment to build an even more diverse, equitable, and inclusive team environment. We are working to eliminate barriers for applicants and team members from equity-seeking groups. If you can’t apply online or need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com or 403-760-8521.
- Job Family Hotel Salary
- Pay Type Salary
- Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, 1029 Banff Avenue, Banff, Alberta, Canada