Process Development Technician, Biologics
Charlottetown, PE, Canada Req #1243
Thursday, May 25, 2023
BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA Inc. has openings for Three Process Development Technicians, Biologics. These are permanent, full-time positions located in Charlottetown, PEI.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with a team of scientists on the development and optimization of microbial fermentation processes for production of biopharmaceuticals, including therapeutic proteins and pDNA/mRNA.
- Working with a team of scientists on the development of downstream isolation and purification procedures for the above-mentioned biopharmaceuticals.
- Operation of laboratory process equipment, such as fermenters, centrifuges, homogenizer, bioreactor vessels, filtration apparatus, and chromatography systems.
- Routine use of instruments such as balances, pH/conductivity during buffer and media preparation.
- Assisting scientists during process transfer from laboratory scale to production scale.
- Assisting scientists in preparation, testing, and maintenance of cell banks.
- Performing in-process tests: culture purity testing, culture quantification, Gram-staining, metabolite quantification, and other assays as required.
- Assisting in writing work instructions and experimental work progress reports.
- Maintaining laboratory, equipment cleaning, ordering laboratory supplies and spare parts; calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Complying with approved safety practices for the laboratory facility.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- College diploma in Biotechnology or equivalent in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry disciplines.
- A Bachelor of Science in the study areas is an asset.
- Previous relevant industry experience with microbial fermentation or protein purification is an asset.
- Aseptic handling techniques, sampling, and the analysis of materials.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Pay Rate: $ 22.00 per hour
Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. BIOVECTRA is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply! We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 12, 2023