Tiree - Senior Project Scheduler
Join Us In ‘Building for the Future’
Innovative Solutions. Tailored Approach. Endless Enthusiasm.
We are innovators, problem‑solvers, and best‑in‑class corporate real estate specialists and project management professionals focused on leveraging our collective capabilities to support world-class infrastructure projects across the globe. We believe, that together, we can make anything happen. When you join our team, that’s what you get. You get to make anything happen.
We foster an environment where people are supported, celebrated, and are empowered to grow, learn, and achieve excellence. Our success is built on a strong foundation that is instilled with a genuine passion for the projects we undertake and their positive impact on shaping our shared environment.
As a Senior Project Scheduler, you will work as a key part of our project management team in the development and management of complex schedules for major capital buildings and infrastructure projects/programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Schedule creation: working in collaboration with project teams, including client representatives and external stakeholders, you will develop a comprehensive master schedule of all activities and resources with an effective time control system established. Schedules may be developed in MS Project or Primavera P6.
- Schedule optimization: develop work breakdown structures and prepare optimized project schedules using Critical Path Methodology to allocate the right number of personnel and resources to the right activities at the right time. Leverage risk management principles to identify - and proactively address - risk factors, including seasonal or site conditions as well as work processes and approval periods.
- Analysis and planning: Review and assess 3rd party schedules for overall health, and analyze durations, resourcing, and sequence to optimize planned execution and minimize risk. Prepare ‘what if’ and options analyses to respond to risks and delays. Forecast project/program-related issues including material shortages, price fluctuations etc.; and develop associated contingency plans. Update schedules and apply earned value management to evaluate project performance. Monitor and control project schedules and provide ongoing recommendations for improvements and adjustments as the project unfolds to achieve the most cost and time-effective implementation sequences, including suggestions for alternative delivery methods/options as required.
- Reporting: collaborate regularly with the wider project team to report on the completion of activities, anticipated/realized delays, cost overruns and earned value analysis. Update project schedules as required and submit reports to the client teams as requested (including baselines, cost and work breakdown structures, logic diagrams, dashboards, bar charts and narrative reports).
What You’ll Bring:
- University degree or college diploma in a related field, i.e.: Engineering/ Architecture/Quantity Surveying/Business/Commerce.
- Extensive experience working on large scale complex buildings/infrastructure projects/programs, with a strong understanding of the associated risks, constraints and frequently occurring schedule impacts of projects in this industry.
- Expertise in project schedule management with a detailed knowledge of complex schedule development, optimization, integrated project controls best practices and earned valued analysis, and experience developing deliverables listed in the tasks above.
- PMP and/or schedule management designation is preferred, e.g.: PMI-SP.
- Excellent listening and critical thinking skills, sound judgement.
- Exemplary organizational and strategic thinking skills with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project, and technical issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office suite, specifically MS Excel, MS Project. Asset: knowledge and experience working with Primavera P6.
- Existing Secret clearance required.
Here at Tiree we offer our employees the ability to carve out a career pathway that is unique to each individual and promise to support you by providing the necessary training, tools, and guidance to enable you to succeed. We appreciate you taking the time to apply and are committed to getting back to you in a timely manner and delivering an efficient and enjoyable interview process. For more information on who we are and what makes us a great place to work, feel free to learn more about our culture and services.
- Job Family Tiree - Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada