Tiree - Senior Project Manager, Structural Engineer
Join Us In Building for the Future
Innovative Solutions. Tailored Approach. Endless Enthusiasm.
If you're a structural engineer with a passion for buildings projects, we invite you to join our team of skilled professionals. You'll provide valuable advice and guidance on the best ways to approach complex projects, leveraging your expertise to ensure successful outcomes. With your technical expertise and leadership skills, you'll play a critical role in ensuring that our clients' building projects are planned and scoped well from a technical perspective. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career, moving from design to an advisory and project management role.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical guidance to aid the interpretation of building codes and material standards
- Provide structural and seismic technical guidance in the development of tools, policies and government best practises
- Provide technical expertise to review Building Condition Reports, and provide technical guidance to facilitate asset management plans and plan capital projects
- Provide technical quality assurance reviews of Consultant prepared documents, to validate that that designs meet relevant safety and regulatory standards
- Collaborate with architects, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure that designs meet client requirements and are feasible to construct
- Conduct site visits as needed to provide technical expertise and guidance
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and trends, and incorporate new technologies and materials into designs
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are met
- Provide technical support and guidance to other team members as needed
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in structural engineering, preferably in design
- Strong understanding of structural analysis and design principles
- Experience and expertise in seismic engineering, with an understanding of international seismic standards (FEMA, ASCE etc.) preferred
- Experience with finite element analysis software beneficial
- In-depth understanding of Canadian Building Codes (NBCC, OBC etc.) and relevant material standards.
- Experience designing, analysing and reviewing large building structures, experience with multiple construction types (masonry, steel, concrete) preferred.
- Understanding of heritage requirements and experience with the analysis of heritage structures preferred
- Knowledge of relevant safety and regulatory standards, such as ASCE, ACI, and AISC
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) required. Please note that this is not a design role; however, a valid and active license is required.
- Active Government of Canada security clearance, Secret preferred
Who we are:
Powered by challenge and collaboration, we bring innovative solutions, a tailored approach, and endless enthusiasm to supporting world-class infrastructure projects across the globe.
We are innovators, problem solvers, and best in class corporate real estate specialists and project management professionals focused on leveraging our collective capabilities to solve defining challenges for our clients.
We foster an environment where people are supported, celebrated, and are empowered to grow, learn, and achieve excellence. Our success is built on a strong foundation that is instilled with a genuine passion for the projects we undertake and their positive impact on shaping our shared environment – getting to work on such projects is an inimitable privilege we don’t take for granted.
We believe, that together, we can make anything happen. When you join our team, that’s what you get. You get to make anything happen.
Careers with us:
Here at Tiree we offer our employees the ability to carve out a career pathway that is unique to each individual and promise to support you by providing the necessary training, tools, and guidance to enable you to succeed. We appreciate you taking the time to apply and are committed to getting back to you in a timely manner and delivering an efficient and enjoyable interview process. For more information on who we are and what makes us a great place to work, feel free to learn more about our culture and services.
- Job Family Tiree - Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- 350 Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1R 1A4, Canada