Tiree - Senior Project Manager, Mechanical Engineer
Join Us In Building for the Future
Innovative Solutions. Tailored Approach. Endless Enthusiasm.
You'll provide valuable advice and guidance on the best ways to approach complex mechanical engineering projects, leveraging your expertise to ensure successful outcomes. You'll provide valuable advice and guidance on the best ways to approach complex projects, leveraging your expertise to ensure successful outcomes. With your technical expertise and leadership skills, you'll play a critical role in ensuring that our clients' mechanical projects are planned and scoped well from a technical perspective. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career, moving from design to an advisory and project management role.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical guidance on the interpretation of codes and standards
- Provide technical guidance for feasibility studies and design reviews to ensure that designs meet performance, safety, and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and technicians to ensure that designs are feasible to manufacture and operate
- Review Consultant calculations and simulations to evaluate the performance of mechanical systems, and make recommendations for improvements
- Review technical documentation, including design drawings, specifications, and reports for the purpose of quality assurance
- Provide technical support and guidance to other team members as needed
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and trends, and incorporate new technologies and materials into designs
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are met
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, or a related field, and P.Eng active license.
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical engineering
- Strong understanding of mechanical design principles and materials science
- Experience with 2D and 3D modeling software, such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- In-depth understanding of Canadian Building Codes (NBCC, OBC etc.) and relevant standards.
- Knowledge of relevant safety and regulatory standards, such as ASME, ANSI, and OSHA
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Active Government of Canada security clearance, Secret preferred
Who we are:
Powered by challenge and collaboration, we bring innovative solutions, a tailored approach, and endless enthusiasm to supporting world-class infrastructure projects across the globe.
We are innovators, problem solvers, and best in class corporate real estate specialists and project management professionals focused on leveraging our collective capabilities to solve defining challenges for our clients.
We foster an environment where people are supported, celebrated, and are empowered to grow, learn, and achieve excellence. Our success is built on a strong foundation that is instilled with a genuine passion for the projects we undertake and their positive impact on shaping our shared environment – getting to work on such projects is an inimitable privilege we don’t take for granted.
We believe, that together, we can make anything happen. When you join our team, that’s what you get. You get to make anything happen.
Careers with us:
Here at Tiree we offer our employees the ability to carve out a career pathway that is unique to each individual and promise to support you by providing the necessary training, tools, and guidance to enable you to succeed. We appreciate you taking the time to apply and are committed to getting back to you in a timely manner and delivering an efficient and enjoyable interview process. For more information on who we are and what makes us a great place to work, feel free to learn more about our culture and services.
- Job Family Tiree - Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- 350 Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1R 1A4, Canada