Tiree - Practice Lead, Project Controls
Join Us In ‘Building for the Future’
Innovative Solutions. Tailored Approach. Endless Enthusiasm.
Powered by challenge and collaboration, we bring innovative solutions, a tailored approach, and endless enthusiasm to supporting world-class infrastructure projects across the globe.
We are innovators, problem solvers, and best in class corporate real estate specialists and project management professionals focused on leveraging our collective capabilities to solve defining challenges for our clients.
We foster an environment where people are supported, celebrated, and are empowered to grow, learn, and achieve excellence. Our success is built on a strong foundation that is instilled with a genuine passion for the projects we undertake and their positive impact on shaping our shared environment – getting to work on such projects is an inimitable privilege we don’t take for granted.
We believe, that together, we can make anything happen. When you join our team, that’s what you get. You get to make anything happen.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to our Vice President of Project Management Services, you will manage the strategic and operational activities associated with the practice line. There will be a combination of both leading and doing: leading the practice line and associated activities, as well as acting as a Project Control Specialist in response to client needs and delivering on project/program work assignments.
Practice Lead Responsibilities:
- Personnel Leadership - you will lead and mentor personnel within your practice area, providing oversight, guidance, and quality control support to allow your team to successfully deliver their projects and programs. You will play an active role in succession planning and workforce development.
- Business Development – you will collaborate with the Business Development team, working closely with Account Managers to identify, qualify, and pursue new business within your practice area. Looking beyond existing accounts, you will support the Executive Management Committee in identifying and (potentially) developing new business opportunities that are complementary to the practice. You will be a key content contributor to proposals for new opportunities relating to your practice area, including technical content (approach and methodology), workforce planning, and pricing.
- Client Relationship Management – you will cultivate positive, productive relationships with your direct clients and oversee the relationship management of your team with their direct clients.
- Financial Management – you will be responsible for meeting key financial targets for your practice area, tracking and managing team assignments and utilization to achieve profitability targets.
- Organizational Improvements – you will contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by helping to improve our tools, practices, and training methodologies. This includes identifying, developing, and implementing various internal programs which are instrumental in supporting our employees (career development, succession planning, training, mentoring, etc.). Develop policies, procedures, systems, tools and templates to enhance delivery and ensure consistency within your practice area.
Project Control Specialist Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the development, monitoring and controlling of project schedules, cost control protocols and/or risk management processes for projects/programs aligned with industry best practices.
- Develop customized project control systems to support project needs.
- Recommend and implement modifications to existing control systems to improve project/program control and reporting.
- Create project reports using variance analysis, trend analysis, and earned value performance to evaluate the cost and schedule performance over time, identifying risks and working with team members to develop mitigation/avoidance strategies.
- Collaborate with all project stakeholders (clients, users, project management, designers, constructors, etc.) to coordinate project activities, obtaining and integrating project data from multiple sources to analyze project status.
- Ensure the quality of your own work, and the work of other risk, schedule and cost specialists by performing thorough QA/QC processes.
What You’ll Bring:
- Senior-level experience in project/program/portfolio management, preferably within the professional services industry.
- Degree or diploma in Engineering, Architecture, or another relevant field. Professional designations such as PMP, PMI-SP, PMI-RP are assets.
- Previous experience in a personnel leadership/management role with a people-centric leadership style, care and empathy.
- Must be a highly organized self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined team environment with the ability to manage competing priorities to achieve goals.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Executive presence with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective decision-making, problem-solving, negotiations and interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate complex environments.
- Proficiency in project finance assessments, cost analysis, forecasting, budget development, scheduling, and/or variance reporting techniques.
- Experience in managing analytical and data-centric project controls.
- Proficiency in the use of cost, schedule and/or risk control software as: Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera, Deltek, Safran, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of project control concepts, processes and procedures including project scheduling, project cost control and reporting, project performance reporting, development of project work breakdown structures and reporting on project variances from the approved plan.
- Expert knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for developing, scheduling, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring costs, schedule, changes, risks and performance.
- Eligibility for Government of Canada security clearance.
Here at Tiree we offer our employees the ability to carve out a career pathway that is unique to each individual and promise to support you by providing the necessary training, tools, and guidance to enable you to succeed. We appreciate you taking the time to apply and are committed to getting back to you in a timely manner and delivering an efficient and enjoyable interview process. For more information on who we are and what makes us a great place to work, feel free to learn more about our culture and services.
- Job Family Tiree - Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada