Tiree - Project Manager, Mechanical Engineering & Energy Programs
Join Us In ‘Building for the Future’
Innovative Solutions. Tailored Approach. Endless Enthusiasm.
We are innovators, problem‑solvers, and best‑in‑class corporate real estate specialists and project management professionals focused on leveraging our collective capabilities to support world-class infrastructure projects across the globe. We believe, that together, we can make anything happen. When you join our team, that’s what you get. You get to make anything happen.
We foster an environment where people are supported, celebrated, and are empowered to grow, learn, and achieve excellence. Our success is built on a strong foundation that is instilled with a genuine passion for the projects we undertake and their positive impact on shaping our shared environment.
You will join a team working on a series of mechanical engineering and energy projects that form part of a larger district energy system program of work. This program is aimed at improving the sustainability and efficiency of community energy infrastructures. As such, you will play a critical role in planning, organizing, and managing projects that will have a direct impact on reducing carbon emissions and improving the overall energy efficiency of these systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Managing the project: define the objectives of the project and produce project lifecycle planning documents including project scope, budget and schedule that effectively capture the depth and breadth of the project and the inputs from associated stakeholders.
- Managing the controls: follow the project governance frameworks and control plans to manage project costs, schedules, risk and quality items. Identify, assess and take action to mitigate issues that would negatively impact the project outcomes.
- Managing project reporting activities: Monitor project progress and provide required project reports to Senior Project Manager/client.
- Coordinating the teams: attend all project meetings to ensure all stakeholders are consistently aligned, personnel are assigned correctly, and issues are discussed and resolved in a prompt manner.
- Managing project stakeholders: work and engage with various project stakeholders as directed by the Senior Project Manager/client. Follow established communication protocols to ensure all project stakeholders receive relevant information required for accurate progress monitoring and decision making.
- Managing contracting activities: manage the required services under the various contracts associated with the project and verify deliverables against invoicing.
- Mentoring: support junior project managers by providing them with guidance and support in their tasks. Continue your ongoing development by participating in our mentorship program, partnering with a mentor for coaching and advice.
What You’ll Bring:
- A degree or diploma in engineering, architecture, or a relevant field; Mechanical Engineering education considered a strong asset.
- 4+ years experience as a Project Manager supporting construction, architecture, or engineering projects.
- Public sector project management experience.
- Strong knowledge of project management best practices and a track record of successful deliver.
- Effective leadership and organizational skills with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project, and technical issue.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Strong technical skills, including a working knowledge of scheduling (MS Project), word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) software applications;
- PMP and/or engineering designation is preferred, e.g.: P.Eng.
- Excellent listening and critical thinking skills, sound judgement.
- Exemplary organizational and strategic thinking skills with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project, and technical issues.
- Existing enhanced reliability or secret clearance required.
Here at Tiree we offer our employees the ability to carve out a career pathway that is unique to each individual and promise to support you by providing the necessary training, tools, and guidance to enable you to succeed. We appreciate you taking the time to apply and are committed to getting back to you in a timely manner and delivering an efficient and enjoyable interview process. For more information on who we are and what makes us a great place to work, feel free to learn more about our culture and services.
- Job Family Tiree - Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada