Tiree - Senior BIM Technician
Ottawa, ON, Canada Req #435
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Join Us In ‘Building for the Future’
Innovative Solutions. Tailored Approach. Endless Enthusiasm.
The Senior BIM Technician will oversee the production of project information models which contain 3D visualizations that bring together data, drawings, and schedules associated with the design and construction phase of projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Preparation of BIM components to project documentation including Statements of Requirements (SOR), Preliminary Project Plans (PPP), Schedules, Project Management Plans (PMP), Risk Management Plans (RMP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Closeout documentation including Lessons Learned;
- Formulating and managing project plans by defining deliverables, identifying and procuring necessary resources, identifying key milestones, reviewing project progress, and engaging in ongoing risk management;
- Support the client in overseeing the BIM deliverables in a Design Consultant contract through the Project Delivery stage;
- Support the client in the administration of BIM contract controls (e.g. BIM Project Execution Plans, Model Element Tables, Model Reviews etc.) for architectural and engineering services, construction, and commissioning.
- Provide bi-weekly updates in the form of bi-lateral meetings with the clients technical authority;
- Working with project teams and other stakeholders, manage real property projects and contract management issues.
What You’ll Bring:
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field
- 8+ years experience as a Project Manager supporting construction, architecture or engineering projects
- Strong knowledge of project management best practices and a track record of successful delivery.
- PMP designation is an asset
- Effective leadership and organizational skills with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of scheduling (MS Project), word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) software applications; and
- Existing Secret level government security clearance
Here at Tiree we offer our employees the ability to carve out a career pathway that is unique to each individual and promise to support you by providing the necessary training, tools, and guidance to enable you to succeed. We appreciate you taking the time to apply and are committed to getting back to you in a timely manner and delivering an efficient and enjoyable interview process. For more information on who we are and what makes us a great place to work, feel free to learn more about our culture and services.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We strive to create a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion where everyone at Tiree feels welcome, supported and celebrated. There is dynamism and pride in a community shaped by diverse voices, perspectives and lived experiences. We want to empower you to be you.
We are extremely proud of our teams – they are strong, determined, dedicated people who aspire to excellence, and they make our organization better every day. Our goal is to meet that standard of excellence in our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility and for our teams to reflect the wonderful diversity of the communities in which we live and work.
If contacted regarding an opportunity with us, please advise our recruitment team of any accommodation measures you may require.
- Job Family Tiree - Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada