Master Schedule Manager
OmniaBio Inc. is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) focused on cell and gene therapies from pre-clinical through to commercialization, and a subsidiary of CCRM. Benefitting from CCRM’s existing expertise, OmniaBio provides a continuum of advanced process and analytical development, and manufacturing capabilities, by enabling focused support for clients from early clinical phase to commercial supply needs. OmniaBio is built upon leadership in iPSCs, immunotherapy and LVVs. To be located at McMaster Innovation Park, less than one hour from the U.S. border, OmniaBio’s new commercial manufacturing site will anchor a biomanufacturing centre of excellence and will open with late clinical phase and commercial capacity in 2024 in a site totaling approximately 100,000 square feet. OmniaBio is supported by the Government of Ontario, via the Invest Ontario Fund. Please visit us at www.omniabio.com.
Job Title: Master Schedule Manager
Department: Corporate Operations
OmniaBio Inc. is a subsidiary of Toronto-based CCRM, a leader in developing and commercializing regenerative medicine-based technologies and cell and gene therapies (www.ccrm.ca). OmniaBio’s facility will be Canada’s first commercial scale contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) dedicated to cell and gene therapies, and is expected to be the largest facility of its kind in Canada.
Based at McMaster Innovation Park in Hamilton, Ontario, OmniaBio will anchor a biomanufacturing centre of excellence and open in three phases between 2024 and 2026. OmniaBio has built a substantial team and continues to grow to prepare for this expansion. Benefitting from CCRM’s existing expertise and business practices, OmniaBio currently has established process and analytical development teams and contract manufacturing capabilities. OmniaBio is built upon leadership in induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), immunotherapy and lentiviral vectors (LVVs). The vision is to provide focused support for clients with late clinical stage manufacturing and commercial supply needs, in addition to early-stage development and first in-human clinical trial material services. Please visit us at www.omniabio.com to learn more.
CCRM, based in Toronto, Canada, is a unique not-for-profit group that is developing and commercializing cell and gene therapies and regenerative medicine technologies. We are leveraging our network of academics, industry partners and investors to tackle significant problems and advance our most promising technologies to the market to meet the needs of patients. For more information about CCRM, please visit our website at www.ccrm.ca.
The Master Schedule Manager will drive the planning function for the OmniaBio/CCRM facilities. They will be responsible for the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process and the Manufacturing Requirement Planning process (MRP). The role will ensure that capacity and resource plans are developed for pipeline and ongoing manufacturing projects. The Master Schedule Manager ensures that material supply risks are understood and managed. The person in this role coordinates with Site Management, Facilities & Engineering, MSAT, Business Development, Operations and Supply Chain.
- Convert sales demands to generate the high-level production plan, in collaboration with Operations and Supply Chain.
- Plan for prospective projects, liaise with Business Development and MS&T.
- Generate life-cycle plans for products progressing through clinical manufacture to commercial supply.
- Identify capacity and resource bottlenecks and work with the asset owner to resolve.
- Drive the S&OP process to meet known and prospective client orders, identify capacity and personnel resource requirements for up to an 18-month horizon.
- Work with the Procurement and Supply Chain teams to forecast and plan for project materials, ensure that risks are understood and managed.
- Plan activities in the MRP module of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Process order creation for manufacturing
- Review and create recipes in ERP
- Batch scheduling
- Generate forecasts of materials and consumables (MRP)
- Coordinate with Procurement and user groups to generate forecasts and safety stock information
- Generate measure of performance data related to capacity in clean rooms and critical equipment.
- Liaise with Facilities & Engineering to schedule facility planned maintenance activities.
- 8+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in sciences/supply chain, logistics, or related discipline
- Experience with project management
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with material movements in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) manufacturing setting
- Experience working with manufacturing teams
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience of scenario planning
- Analytical skills
- Ability to influence and motivate
- Ability to distill complex scenarios into understandable plans
- Ability to communicate effectively
The company is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The company is committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.
OmniaBio Inc. is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
OmniaBio Inc. is committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Tuesday, May 23, 2023