OmniaBio: Logistics Technician
OmniaBio Inc. is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) focused on cell and gene therapies from pre-clinical through to commercialization, and a subsidiary of CCRM. Benefitting from CCRM’s existing expertise, OmniaBio provides a continuum of advanced process and analytical development, and manufacturing capabilities, by enabling focused support for clients from early clinical phase to commercial supply needs. OmniaBio is built upon leadership in iPSCs, immunotherapy and LVVs. To be located at McMaster Innovation Park, less than one hour from the U.S. border, OmniaBio’s new commercial manufacturing site will anchor a biomanufacturing centre of excellence and will open with late clinical phase and commercial capacity in 2024 in a site totaling approximately 100,000 square feet. OmniaBio is supported by the Government of Ontario, via the Invest Ontario Fund. Please visit us at www.omniabio.com.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Logistics Technician (Driver) is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of medical samples, reports and supplies between the main laboratory, client offices, warehouses, hospitals and other laboratories. Deliveries should be made in a timely and efficient manner, and without damage. The person in this role may be required to assist the teams working in the warehouse or lab with basic tasks related to shipments, storage or organization.
While on the road:
- Pick-up and deliver medical samples, reports and supplies between the main laboratories, client offices and warehouses.
- Ensure all samples are picked up as scheduled and delivered without damage to clients and laboratories.
- Act as a representative of OmniaBio and be courteous, informative and professional at all times.
- Be responsible for the safety, security and cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
While at the warehouse:
- Aid warehouse supply chain teams as required to ensure shipments are completed as scheduled and warehouses remain organized.
- Aid in packing, unpacking and moving pallets or boxes to help the team reach desired goals.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- 5+ years of driving experience
- Valid G driver’s license with 3-year clean driving record with no restrictions
- Reliable transportation to the warehouse
- Ability to travel to U.S. for warehouse pickups (future)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (≈25 kg)
- Minimum one year’s experience in a commercial driver/courier role
- Ability to demonstrate a positive demeanour and a friendly attitude combined with focus for quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and longer days on occasion
Nice to have:
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods certificate of training
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to adapt to changing schedules
- Knowledge of cold chain transportation
*Please note that a criminal background verification and clear driver’s abstract must be met as a condition of employment*
OmniaBio Inc. is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
OmniaBio Inc. is committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.
- Pay Type Salary