Casual Residence Support Worker, Justice (Kamloops)
This position will provide supportive services aimed at assisting individuals to live successfully in the community. This involves working closely with a variety of community agencies such as Forensics, Probation, Mental Health & Canada Corrections (Parole). Work with agency Case Managers to support and monitor their client goals and conditions. Provision of daily physical, emotional and social supports to enhance each client potential for personal development.
Unionized / This position is open to applicants of all genders.
- Provide life skills assistance as needed in areas such as cooking, anger management, money management, conflict resolution, socialization issues, communication skills and housekeeping
- Provide employment readiness support, pre-employment support, resume preparation and interviewing guidance
- Provide daily support and intervention based on client driven needs and monitor mental health/well-being
- Monitor client log books and report concerns to Justice Services Manager and appropriate agency case manager, this includes completing spot checks
- Operate security cameras and report concerns/issues to appropriate authorities
- Maintain client electronic files on CAMS system, including statement of goals, case plans, progress summary, contact notes & discharges
- Complete month end reports, medical error reports, critical incident reports and a variety of other forms
- Monitor client’s housekeeping and complete weekly housekeeping inspections
- Establish a network of community resources and maintain positive relationships to assist clients to access appropriate resources
- Communicate with National Monitoring Centre (NMC) as required
- Provide access to medications following the Society’s Policy and Procedures
- Ensure clients keep appointments with medical professionals, RCMP, Probation, Parole and monitor overall compliance with parole conditions
- Assist clients to develop an appropriate and positive social network
- Assist clients to obtain safe & affordable housing prior to completing their parole or probation conditions
- Support clients interactions with family and friends to develop personal support systems
- Monitor clients progress; provide ongoing client progress, concerns & issues to case manager, this includes medical, behavioral and community risk matters
- Coordinate new client move-ins including transportation from bus/airport to CBRF
- Ensure clients abide by tenant and house rules, includes conducting monthly tenant meetings
- Assist with the training and orientation of new staff
- Transport clients in personal vehicle
- Model appropriate behaviors and communication to our clients and other professionals
- Monitor clients parole/probation/forensics court orders and release conditions and communicate issues or concerns to case manager
- Work with clients living with various cognitive, physical, mental or medical conditions, including clients with a history of sexual offences or designated a dangerous offender
- Address client’s criminogenic factors & develop strategies to address those factors
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven ability to work within a fast-paced, growth-focused environment. The ideal candidate has:
- Diploma in a related Human/Social Service field (must provide copy of diploma) and one (1) year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Asset to have experience with substance abuse, mental health and the criminal justice system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to successfully complete Criminal Records Checks
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention training
- Proof of negative tuberculosis test and completed Hepatitis B shot.
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $5,000,000 for liability, and which must be accessible when on shift.
- Must be able to prove vaccine status against Covid-19 or medical exemption.
Range is $25.05 to $28.75 per hour as per the collective agreement.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
- Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs and departments
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Connective, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities or other marginalized communities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $25.05
- Kamloops, BC, Canada