To provide maintenance duties to all the agency’s buildings, grounds, and units, as laid out in the building’s maintenance per the agency’s Health and Safety Standard as set out in the deliverables of the contract.
- Maintain and repair all common areas including touching up paint, tile and drywall repairs, as per maintenance schedules
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on buildings equipment (i.e. carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, mechanical systems & equipment)
- Identify and rectify any deficiencies or maintenance issues and advise Connective of any concerns
- Maintain and repair entry systems (i.e. doors, locks, hinges, key card systems, garage doors/openers, window locks)
- Maintain grounds including trimming trees/bushes, cutting lawns and removal of debris and leaves as required
- Maintain walkways, decks, patios and stairs including snow removal and de-icing as required
- Assist in conducting quarterly, semi-annually and yearly inspections, and spot inspections as required
- Clean, paint, move furniture and repair units upon vacancy, as required
- Complete smallwares loss report upon vacancy, per Connective’s Policy & Procedures, as required
- Ensure all appliances are in good working order
- Maintain, repair and install furniture/window coverings
- Provide all paperwork and/or documentation including maintenance logs and fire safety records as required
- Respond to emergency calls after-hours as required
- Other duties as required
- Grade 10 or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-year general maintenance experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to successfully complete Criminal Records Checks
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Driver’s abstract
- Use of personal transportation (truck) that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability.
- Personal cell phone
- Contractor is required to provide confirmation of flu vaccination each year or wear a mask during the flu season.
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of hand and power tools usage
- General knowledge of minor repairs, painting, drywall, electrical, plumbing and landscaping
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft office (Excel and Word) and email
- Able to take direction and understand and execute instructions with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Be able to lift upto 50 lbs repeatedly.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be in good health, free from any communicable diseases and physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the working environment.
The wage for this position is between $20 - $25 per hour depending on the experience.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan.
- Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs and departments.
- Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an in-house counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Connective, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities or other marginalized communities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Kamloops, BC, Canada