Health Care Aide (Kamloops) - Multiple Positions Available
This position will provide assistance to residents with activities of daily living, medication assistance and tasks as may be delegated.
Non-unionized / Excluded / This position is open to applicants of all genders.
- Average of 37 hours per week, rotating 13 week schedule (Full Time)
- Casual; Casual employees must submit availability for 21 shifts (7 days) a month, at least 7 overnight shifts each month. This position require the ability to work flexible hours during the daytime, evenings, and weekends based on operational needs.
This position requires the ability to work flexible hours during the daytime, evenings, and weekends based on operational needs and requirements.
- Provide assistance to residents as required (both scheduled and unscheduled), for assistance with activities of daily living including:
- Bathing & hygiene (including sponge bath, shower or tub bath)
- Grooming (including hair, teeth, shaving, makeup)
- Mobility (including assistance to the dining room, ambulating, activation)
- Transferring (including to/from: bed, chair, wheelchair, tub bath)
- Eating (including cutting food, feeding, tube feeding, diet preferences)
- Toileting (including transferring, continence management, assistance with use of bathroom facilities, hygiene)
- Support services (including cueing, reminders, bringing changes to the resident’s attention; socialization)
- Following the established support plan, assist residents with those activities which have been approved by the Bedford Manor Administrator or Assisted Living Leader, at all times working with the resident regarding preferred times, and method of service assistance
- Perform delegated tasks once supervision by a Registered Nurse has been given, and the Worker has demonstrated the necessary skills and knowledge required
- Provide unscheduled housekeeping assistance as required
- Provide companionship to isolated residents, and maintain knowledge of all activities being provided, facilitate and encourage resident participation
- Assist residents with personal laundry as requested
- Assist residents to access the dining room, and provide tray service as directed by Assisted Living Leader
- Assist with dining room service as required
- Report any changes, concerns, and observations about possible medication or treatment side effects to the Assisted Living Leader, or the Bedford Manor Administrator; in the absence of professional staff, follow the established emergency protocols for any emergency situation
- Participate in regular support plan reviews, meeting with the resident, ALC and Assisted Living Leader to ensure the plan is appropriate
- Maintain records required regarding resident care, medication management, changes to care and support needs, and resident refusals for established routines
- Assist with transfers from to hospital and or a long term care facility
- Discuss changes in resident support requirements with the Bedford Manor Administrator or Assisted Living Leader
- Facilitate the transition for new residents to Bedford Manor, helping them to learn about their new housing environment, the services and resources available
- Interact with residents in a manner that respects their individual rights and dignity, ensuring privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times
- Attend staff in-service and continuing education programs, and approved work-related conferences and seminars
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Care Aide/Community Health Worker certificate
- Experience working with seniors, preferably in a home or community setting
- Must be in good health, free from any communicable diseases and physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Registered with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry
- Ability to successfully complete Criminal Records Checks
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Must be able to prove vaccine status against Covid-19 or medical exemptions
- Must be able to provide a negative Tuberculous test
- Must be able to provide your complete vaccination record
- Step 1 - $23.37 BC wage leveling in effect.
- Step 4 - $25.45 BC wage leveling in effect.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
- Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs and departments
- Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an in-house counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
- Access to On-Demand Pay to withdraw earned wages before payday
- Connective is part of a portability program where employees moving from a CSSEA-member employer to Connective will port their service hours for vacation and wage purposes (within last 12 months)
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Connective, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities or other marginalized communities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.37
- Kamloops, BC, Canada