Capital Works and Services - Maintenance Worker
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for the general maintenance of the Cree Nation Government’s premises and equipment located in the Cree communities.
· Maintain all Cree Nation Government’s buildings and housing units in adequate and expected conditions.
· Install, repair and maintain all mechanical equipment, structural components and building fixtures (such as but not limited to windows, frames, doors, etc.).
· Maintain Cree Nation Government’s grounds (e.g. lawn mowing, snow removal and any other applicable tasks).
· Inspect housing units and report the results for maintenance purposes.
· Maintain an inventory of supplies and stock.
· Move furniture and equipment.
· Complete the weekly activity log sheet.
· Ensure that the maintenance of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles is done annually.
· Complete record of Cree Nation Government’s vehicles logbook (mileage, repairs, fuel and others).
· Work closely with the Operations and Maintenance Technician and ensure that maintenance requests from clients are answered.
· Respond to emergency maintenance.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
· Perform other duties as required.
· High School Diploma.
· Vocational training in Northern Building Maintenance.
· One to three years of relevant work experience.
· Fluency in verbal Cree.
· Fluency in English.
· Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
· Knowledge of general and preventative maintenance procedures aimed at handling both building and ground maintenance.
· Proven ability to work for long hours in standing position.
· Agility to perform physical tasks constantly.
· Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
· Proven ability to communicate effectively.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
· Judgment and ability to problem-solve.
· Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
· Willingness to work in both an office and outside setting, including exposure to extreme weather conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, and uneven terrain of construction sites.
· Willingness to undertake work that may require high physical effort.
· Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27.08
- Max Hiring Rate $36.15
- Required Education Some College
- Whapmagoostui, QC J0M 1G0, Canada