Capital Works and Services - Water Certification Trainer
Closing Date: June 5, 2023
Location: To Be Determined
The Water Certification Trainer’s function is to provide training and technical support to the drinking water and wastewater local teams of the Cree First Nations. The WCT is expected to travel at least once a month in the communities to provide in person training. The WCT functions includes training, mentoring, and guiding local staff toward the best industry practices to ensure safe drinking water and environmental protection.
- Review, monitor, and evaluate technical protocols related to the operation of the local drinking water and wastewater facilities according to the on-going regulations.
- Develop, train staff, and enforce and apply preventive maintenance and risk management procedures.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate training for local staff.
- Follow-up of human resources and level of training of local water and wastewater operators in all communities.
- Provide comments on any safety issue needed quick intervention regarding possible risks for the operators or for the population using the water and wastewater facilities.
- Support Water Support team in implementing new regulations and protocols if required.
- Meet frequently with local administration staff to ensure adequate understanding of training program requirements.
- Ensure knowledge transfer to local staff through training or mentoring sessions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification:
- College Diploma or Certificate in water treatment or equivalent.
- Companionship license for water operator training is an asset.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience as field technician.
- Experience in a northern context.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French.
- Fluency in verbal Cree is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Technical background in drinking water and wastewater operations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, to think analytically and to take initiative
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Valid driver's license.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $67,439.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,031.00
- Chisasibi, Nord-du-Québec, QC, Canada
- Eastmain, QC J0M 1W0, Canada
- Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0, Canada
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Nemiscau, QC J0Y 3B0, Canada
- Oujé-Bougoumou, QC G0W, Canada
- Valdor, QC J0X 3B0, Canada
- Waskaganish, Fort-Rupert, QC, Canada
- Waswanipi, QC J0Y 3C0, Canada
- Wemindji, Nord-du-Québec, QC, Canada
- Whapmagoostui, QC J0M 1G0, Canada