ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes “DE” is seeking a Communications Director that will create opportunities for DE and its games to tell more stories, to more people, more often. Leading the communication discipline, this leadership role will grow the team, expertise and capabilities. Operating with a global function, the Communications Director is responsible for creating a cohesive, multi-faceted communications strategy that connects all outbound communications into a compelling long-term narrative about Digital Extremes, Warframe, and our future internal and external games. If you have a passion for mentoring and coaching this is a unique opportunity to build a center of excellence for marketing and communications that will enable the talented marketing teams to integrate plans and execute activations across public relations, influencers, advertorial, corporate communications, social media channels, and more.
- Provide strategic and tactical PR contributions while leading the team and its initiatives including developing communication materials/assets as well as managing media relationships
- Support live titles, launch new titles and partner with international operators supporting games in various markets and on various platforms
- Champion robust PR activations from concept to execution including the strategic planning, creative guidance, project management, tactical channel execution and reporting
- Manage an annual budget and four external agencies operating across various international markets
- Create multilevel marcomm consumer campaign plans and champion promotions from end-to-end through critical and creative thinking achieving service growth
- Formulate long-term communications strategy and plan for DE and its games by managing owned studio comm channels including the corporate website and social media account
- Partner with the marketing, multimedia and events team to leverage both virtual and real world events including the large, annual Warframe fan event, TennoCon
- Transform product marketing strategies into robust multi-level communication campaigns that effectively deliver key messages to target audiences with entertaining and informative methods
- Coordinate with the Warframe marketing, community, editorial and development teams to conceive, plan and execute campaign strategies and multi-million dollar campaigns that grow the Warframe brand -- acquiring new players and retaining existing players
- Enable a team of talented product marketing managers, development, multimedia, and agencies to create impactful engagement programs that delight and engage players
- Coach and mentor the Snr Marketing Communications Manager who is responsible for developing the influencer and creator strategy, planning, research, outreach and relationship management
- Explore ways to create new partners, leverage new channels and integrate new tools to improve performance of existing channels and to expand influencer and creator capabilities
- Identify international opportunities and key partners to grow operations beyond North America
- BA in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field
- 8+ years experience in a comparable PR, Communications, Strategic Planning, Product or Brand Marketing role in the games industry; 1-2 years in the Games-as-a-Service market required
- Established relationships with press and key industry professionals
- Creative and compelling writer
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills including budget management
- Ability to manage performance tracking and provide reports to stakeholders
- Deep understanding of positioning, brand, and promotional strategies
- Exposure to digital marketing, social media and content creation strategies
- Direct or indirect management of influencer/creator programs and channel exposure
- Clever, innovative personality with a passion for gamer culture
- Extensive knowledge of games and the game industry markets – including player audiences, genres, preferences and trends
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
- Job Family Director
- Pay Type Salary
- London, ON, Canada
- United States