At East Penn Canada, our people are the heart of our company. We put our employees and our clients first to build solid relationships with intention. We offer a vast range of diverse and rewarding career opportunities. We invite you to become part of an organization that has challenging opportunities, rewarding career paths, organization values, and a charismatic team.
Join our dedicated team of leading experts in the battery industry.
We are dedicated to recognizing our employees by offering:
- Great Pay including shift allowance, where applicable
- Profit Sharing & Deferred Profit Sharing (retirement) program
- Excellent company paid benefit program
- Learning & development opportunities, including tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement
We are looking for a Field Service Technician to support our Motive Power/Industrial Division. The Motive Power/Industrial Division offers a broad product line of high performance, quality-built batteries and chargers for material handling equipment such as forklifts.
Our Field Service Technicians provide “the Deka difference” through customized service programs and solutions to our customers. Our Technicians, with their fully equipped service vehicles, are highly trained in all aspects of lift truck battery and charger service, from routine maintenance to trouble-shooting and repair of all makes and models of batteries and chargers.
- A natural problem solver and troubleshooter with a passion for providing a positive customer experience with every interaction.
- Mechanically inclined with an active interest in learning and keeping up with new technologies in your industry.
- Not afraid roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Results-oriented and motivated to drive revenue, both for the Company and yourself through our commissions program.
- Looking to develop your career and take it to the next level as the company continues to grow.
What you’ll be doing…
You will spend your day on the road providing high quality service directly to East Penn Canada customers, which include some big-name warehouses / distribution centres. You will apply your technical expertise with every service call to assess, diagnose and repair industrial batteries and chargers. Each call is different and can range from watering batteries and performing preventative maintenance to load testing, completing data downloads to full installs, charger repairs or a complete battery cell tear down.
Through your interactions with customers, you will develop your role as their trusted advisor. As you get to know our business and the customers’ needs, you will be educating the customers on their battery and / or charger options. You will have the opportunity to directly impact the bottom-line and drive the growth of the division by upselling related parts, accessories and service agreements.
What you bring…
All our Field Service Technicians receive full battery and charger training, but a strong foundation and background in the following will set you up for success:
- Mechanical / electrical aptitude
- Previous experience in a technical service related role
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear explanations
- Excellent problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional customer service focus and experience creating a positive customer experience
- Ability to identify opportunities to advise / support the customer, upsell and cross-sell would be beneficial
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license required with a clean driving record.
- Must be willing and able to frequently lift and/or move vehicle/industrial batteries up to 40 lbs. regularly lift and/or move up to 60 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Background checks including criminal checks, driver’s abstract and employment references will be requested.
- Pay Type Hourly