Fuel & Lube Technician - CNUL site
Fort McMurray, AB, Canada Req #965
Monday, May 8, 2023
At Fort McKay Group of Companies LP we are committed to ensuring “no harm” to our most valuable asset – people. We achieve this by: promoting personal safety amongst the workforce; striving for excellence in Safety Performance by making continuous improvement an essential component of our Health, Safety & Environment management systems; we believe the safety is everyone’s responsibility and can only be achieved through the active participation of everyone within the organization. We are devoted to making “Safety… Our Way of Life”.
Under the direction of the Team Lead, Site Operations, the Fuel and Lube Technician is responsible for supporting the general maintenance, upkeep, troubleshooting, and any manual labor tasks associated with vehicles and equipment. The Fuel and Lube Technician is required to work collaboratively with fellow personnel on site. This is a safety-sensitive position that requires completion of pre-employment/pre-access testing.
- Refuel/lubricate vehicles and heavy equipment in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to maximize equipment availability and minimize downtime.
- Assist with general maintenance, upkeeping, cleaning, labour tasks and/or duties as needed at the worksite, yard, or warehouse.
- Assist and perform general labour and delegated tasks including basic preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, cleaning of vehicles and equipment, identifying and removing safety hazards.
- Complete any maintenance paperwork and documentation accurately as required.
- Act as a spotter for vehicle or equipment moves if necessary.
- Perform any related and/or additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Grade twelve (12) Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Retention of a valid class five (5) driver’s license is required
- A clean three (3) year drivers abstract is required
- Valid CSO or BSO or a combination of CSTS and OSSA is required
- Minimum one (1) year experience is required
- Ability to speak, write and read English is required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
This is a full time position located north of Fort McMurray, AB on CNUL Site.
Work Schedule: 7 on, 7 off schedule; days and nights, 11.5 hours per day.
NOTE: Flights and Camp are available from Edmonton and Calgary ONLY.
What we offer:
- Company matching pension plan
- 100% Company paid group benefits including Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Dependent Life, Critical Illness, LTD, Health, Dental, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and a Health Spending Account.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Safe working conditions
- The opportunity to make a difference: Rewarding and engaging atmosphere where you will see your contribution at work and be encouraged to grow in your career.
- Work-life balance: We know our people have places to go, people to see and good times to have and we support that!
Fort McKay Group of Companies is a growing oilfield and Construction Company which is 100% owned and controlled by the Fort McKay First Nation in Alberta, Canada. The Fort McKay Group of Companies LP is an equity employer and qualified applicants of indigenous ancestry may be given first consideration in any hiring decision. If you wish to receive consideration under the equity principles in our Hiring and Recruitment Policy you must declare your indigenous status in your application.
- Job Family CNRL_120-EMB
- Pay Type Hourly
This posting is inactive.
- Fort McMurray, AB, Canada