Human Resources Student - Fall 2023
How much do you love people? A lot? A whole lot? Good! We do too. Genoa Design International is currently recruiting a Human Resources Student to join our Team for the upcoming Fall 2023 semester!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With a team of designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Working as part of our dynamic Human Resources Team, you will foster an engaging and people-first work culture. By that, we mean you will:
- Work to build Genoa’s talent pipeline by assisting with the full recruitment process, including:
- Preparing recruitment materials and manage job postings,
- Manage applicants through our Human Resources Information System,
- Screen and recommend candidates,
- Schedule and part-take in interviews,
- Conduct reference checks, and other recruitment duties as required.
- Work closely with the HR Team to ensure successful onboarding of new employees.
- Assist with the maintenance of employee files and HR records.
- Work with the HR Team on a variety of departmental projects to support our operational goals.
- Conduct research on best practices that will help drive HR initiatives.
- Participate in enhancing Genoa’s Occupation Health and Safety Program.
- Adhere to personal data privacy regulations and confidentiality.
- Other related duties as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Must be currently enrolled in a co-operative program, preferably with an interest in Human Resources.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a face-paced, multi-discipline environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
At Genoa Design, we thrive when our students succeed. We take pride in providing exposure to the industry and an experience that is meaningful, memorable, and fun-filled!
We provide all students with great perks and benefits:
- A one-time travel allowance to help offset the costs associated with travel to and from the office.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Stocked kitchen.
- Engaging team experience.
- Volunteer hours and community engagement opportunities.
- Rewards and recognition for a job well done.
In addition, Genoa provides students with the opportunity to part take in a presentation at the end of your work term to showcase your achievements and what you’ve learned!
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, September 4, 2023
- Job End Date Friday, December 22, 2023
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada