Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Paint Technician will be accountable for managing the technical aspect of the paint line. Which includes but is not limited too chemical management, titrations, wash, rinse, oven management and paint quality to Dimplex standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigate paint issues on the production line and provide technical support.
- Compare coverage/quality of paint finish to the Glen Dimplex standards and adjust machine as needed.
- Test, analyze, and evaluate paints and related samples.
- Liaise with vendors and reps in areas of product development.
- Coordinate and analyze the long-term product monitoring program.
- Work with Engineering as a collaborative member to improve throughput.
- Complete minor repairs and maintenance on the painting equipment.
- Create and help the paint team maintain cleanliness standards.
- Take responsibility for the inventory control of paint and consumables, such as filters, wash chemicals etc.
- Perform weekly maintenance/cleaning of paint system.
- Create and lead a TPM and PM system.
- Perform paint changes as required.
- Move parts in and out of the paint shop if needed.
- Assist at times with unloading parts from production line and load in basket/cart.
- Manually paint when necessary.
- Ensure all paint safety systems or in working order.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Need
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 10+ year experience in powder coating paint line
Day shift: 6:30am-3:00pm
What We Offer
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D)
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- London, ON, Canada