National Account Manager
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
The National Account Manager is responsible for driving sales growth within Home Depot in the United States along with HomeDepot.com and HD Supply and Quote Center. The National Account Manager should have “the customer first” mentality while delivering company sales objectives, profitability goals, and striving to optimize efficiencies within Home Depot entities.
In addition, this role will be responsible for developing long lasting and amicable relationships with key stakeholders including merchants, marketers, logistics, operations and IT staff. The incumbent is expected to possess a deep understanding of account processes and systems (i.e. their approach to business). This includes, among other things, detailed sales reporting and insight generation, new item listings, sales forecasting, inventory fulfilment, merchandising support and all daily maintenance processes.
As part of the role, the incumbent is expected to proactively communicate to Glen Dimplex Americas management of emerging opportunities and threats and work collaboratively to address them in a timely and efficient manner to meet Glen Dimplex Americas strategic objectives.
Further, the incumbent will actively contribute to the development and implementation of annual sales plans, including both the development of existing business as well as identifying and developing profitable new sales opportunities.
What You Need
- Takes lead role in developing the sales strategy for the Home Depot that will maintain a best-in-class program for The Home Depot and Glen Dimplex Americas
- This position is responsible for managing and working with the marketing team to identify growth or margin improvement opportunities
- Create a national sales plan with input from Director of Sales, merchant, and marketing and implement in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Achieve or surpass sales and gross margin expectations
- Provide ongoing Home Depot POS analysis and metrics on overall business, new product/categories and special programs to Senior Management
- Develop and maintain high quality relationships at Home Depot and Glen Dimplex Americas
- Respond quickly and efficiently to requests from merchants and other stakeholders internally and externally
QUALIFICATIONS – SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong motivation and interpersonal skills required
- A highly developed level of creative skills to manage all of Home Depot’s functions and asks
- Must apply critical thinking skills to determine best strategic approach
- Ability to ensure effective time management for your responsibilities
- Knowledge of Home Depot’s Supplier Portal
- Analytical mindset and apply to sales forecasting, budgeting, and POS
- Ability to present to Senior Leadership at Home Depot and Glen Dimplex Americas
- Ability to negotiate Rebates, SBA’s, Price Increases and Fines with Home Depot
- Develop collaborative monthly sales forecasts with the Account for review with management
- Weekly review of forward stock cover and work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Attend RVP walks
- Attend Annual Foundation Events
- Attend Home Depot Charity Events
- Total travel 20-30%
- Proven account manager with a minimum 7-10 years of sales experience and a minimum of 3 years calling on Home Depot US
- Proven track record of achieving sales and margin objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related course of study
- Must have seasonal product line experience at Home Depot
- Good understanding of retail consumer goods and the workings of Big Box/DIY retailers
- Managing Line Reviews
- Strong selling and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products and CRM systems
- Ability to comfortably interact with and engage with diverse groups of people
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior planning and project management skills
- Able to work in a team environment but at the same time be a self-starter
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Co-Pay Group Benefits with low Employee rates for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Fully funded Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401K with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- Paid vacation leave tiered based on years of service – starting at 3 weeks per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 30
- United States