Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
The Manufacturing Manager reports to the Plant Manager and supports the company’s efforts by safely delivering quality products on time and meeting profitability goals by sustaining a highly trained and motivated workforce that strives for continuous improvement. Continuous use of Lean Manufacturing training and tools to accomplish the above is necessary.
The Manager will guide the organization in continuously improving safety, product quality, on-time product delivery, machine reliability and manufacturing costs. They are responsible for analyzing the transactional and business processes and work to identify and address any waste, or opportunities for improvement. They are fully responsible for the Manufacturing Leaders and their teams.
In this role you will:
- Creates a culture that ensures people, property and products are safe and products quality meets specifications.
- Ensures that all safety incidents are followed up by their Leaders with root cause analysis and needed corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Ensures the shift is managed using Lean Principles and promote and implement these principles.
- Reviews all employee performance evaluation documents for completeness.
- Complete all performance reviews for assigned staff.
- Increases efficiencies by scheduling improvements and proactively predicting staffing requirements.
- Assists with both inventory control and cycle count team on behalf of Production, as needed.
- Ensure proper labor and material reporting is taking place.
- Responsible for all shift key performance indicators, report these KPI’s as directed in a timely manner. Develop actions based on root cause analysis when targets are not met.
- Hold staff meetings weekly and meet with assigned staff monthly.
- Work with Plant Manager to develop, yearly budgets and staffing requirements based on data from the ERP system.
- Work closely with engineering on projects relating to plant layout, new product introduction, capacity constraints.
- Mentor and coach assigned staff on effective management techniques. Identify performance gaps for all assigned staff and develop performance improvement.
- Create plans to close gaps.
- Lead hiring process for assigned areas supporting company goals.
- Results-oriented, with a focus on developing the skills and talents of employees.
- Proactively address challenges, and confidently set and achieve goals.
- Work both independently and as a team player. Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present to senior management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Provide direction to the supervisors regarding schedules and output, following the production plan, while optimizing raw materials inventory quantities and WIP levels. Aggressively use Lean Manufacturing knowledge and tools to ensure continuous improvement.
- Use and improve available metrics to manage operations daily, weekly, and monthly. Work with the Plant Manager to provide input and continuously improve the metrics while developing new ones as needed.
- Assist and liaison with other departments and other department heads to improve efficiencies and implement projects.
- Actively motivate and recognize accomplishments of your teams and their activities. Ensure that all manufacturing staff are educated and trained on Lean principles and the ways to improve the company’s products, and processes, and profitability. Constantly look to the future of the organization, identify and eliminate short and long-term inefficiencies, and recognize and reward those who help do so.
- Evaluate capabilities and roles of all subordinates – continue to look at job functions with a critical eye and adjust workloads accordingly. Ensure that all manufacturing staff are fully trained for their assigned work, that operational procedures exist, they are kept up to date, and they are available in multiple languages as needed.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to resolve personnel issues. Schedule and implement timely personnel performance reviews for direct reports and ensure that all manufacturing staff receive performance reviews that are thorough, helpful, and delivered on time.
- Be an example, set the expectation, and lead the organization in such a way that people carry out its mission in an ethical manner, respectful to all members.
As a people leader you will:
Shape a Sustainable Future
- Must anticipate the future by sense and acting upon emerging trends
- Must engage and inspire people around priorities. Energize teams and to make our purpose real.
- Own the Outcome and make growth happen. Execute for today and drive future growth.
Keep the Customer Central
- Shape the customer needs. Understand and exceed customer needs
- Build close customer relationship. Establish relevant and trusted customer engagements
- Creative distinctive value. Bring unique solutions to our customers
Act with Agility
- Embrace Change. See change as an opportunity rather than a challenge
- Show resilience. Display determination and supports other to do the same
- Demonstrate curiosity. Seek new learnings and experiences
- Solve problems. Make sense of complexity to generate solutions
- Seek out the possible. Collaborate as one to imagine and discover opportunities
- Lead Change. Shape a culture to drive disruptive change
- Keep it Simple. Drive out complexity wherever possible
Champion People Development
- Start with yourself. Be humble and self-aware
- Develop capability. Foster a culture of development
- Grow Future leader. Nurture the next generation
What You Need
- Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts (B.S. or B.A.) in business administration, industrial engineering or related major, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years demonstrated success in managing personnel, ensuring their safety, and the quality output of the group.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a comparable manufacturing environment using Lean tools.
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- London, ON, Canada