Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Controller will be a leader and a critical member of the Finance and Accounting Team. The Controller will oversee and manage all aspects of our financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
In this role you will:
- Oversee all financial reporting both internal (management reporting) & external (reporting to shareholders)
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Costing, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with company standards and policies.
- Interpret the company's financial results and recommend & drive improvement activities
- Identifying financial trends that are improving performance but also trends that are hurting performance and provide recommendations to Leadership Team.
- Identify, develop, and implement business process changes that enhance financial reporting and month-end management reporting.
- Ensure accurate reporting of financial results, by supporting year end audit process.
- Mentor and motivate the finance team towards achieving the goals of the department.
- Actively participating in annual budget and quarterly forecast processes
- Support and assist the Vice President of Finance in risk management.
- Participate in strategic & business initiatives as assigned by Vice President of Finance
- Participate in special projects as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As a people leader you will:
Shape a Sustainable Future
- Must anticipate the future by sense and acting upon emerging trends
- Must engage and inspire people around priorities. Energize teams and to make our purpose real.
- Own the Outcome and make growth happen. Execute for today and drive future growth.
Keep the Customer Central
- Shape the customer needs. Understand and exceed customer needs
- Build close customer relationship. Establish relevant and trusted customer engagements
- Creative distinctive value. Bring unique solutions to our customers
Act with Agility
- Embrace Change. See change as an opportunity rather than a challenge
- Show resilience. Display determination and supports other to do the same
- Demonstrate curiosity. Seek new learnings and experiences
- Solve problems. Make sense of complexity to generate solutions
- Seek out the possible. Collaborate as one to imagine and discover opportunities
- Lead Change. Shape a culture to drive disruptive change
- Keep it Simple. Drive out complexity wherever possible
Champion People Development
- Start with yourself. Be humble and self-aware
- Develop capability. Foster a culture of development
- Grow Future leader. Nurture the next generation
What You Need
- University degree specializing in finance, commerce or equivalent.
- CPA designation
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Controller, Senior Finance Manager
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to develop and manage a high-performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and provide follow-up.
- A strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SAP is an asset
- Above average analytical and technical skills
- Excellent decision-making skills, including information gathering and problem solving.
- Demonstrated focus on results and business/process improvements
- Proven ability to set and achieve objectives
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cambridge, ON, Canada