Proofreader-Translator, Marketing Content (Bilingual)
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in an environment where passion can be expressed, creative minds lead to exceptional innovation, audacity and focus are a pillar of great success and acts of empowerment, collaboration and humanity are widely encouraged. Because our purpose is to “Cultivate beauty in the world”, we strive to care for you, people and the environment. We are looking for professionals who will exemplify these values and bring energy and commitment to results.
Join a company with more than 300 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
Groupe Marcelle is looking for a Proofreader-Translator, Marketing Content (bilingual) for a permanent full-time position.
Reporting to the Manager, Studio, the Proofreader-Translator, Marketing Content (bilingual) will be responsible for proofreading, translating, and editing all marketing texts, communications and marketing material developed in English and French for Groupe Marcelle brands: Watier, Marcelle, Annabelle, and CW Beggs & Sons on all external communication platforms (publications, web, social media, and advertising). Our ideal candidate has an excellent command of marketing text translation, grammar and punctuation in French and English.
- Workplace: 5600, Côte-de-Liesse Road, Montreal, Quebec telecommuting and office mode (Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the office).
- Growing company.
- A dynamic team of professionals.
- Benefits: Competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, medical and dental insurance, pension plan, bonus, and holiday vacation).
- Employee discounts on all Marcelle Group products.
Our graphics studio is a small, close-knit family of seven passionate and creative colleagues who are always open to new ideas. It is the heart of the marketing teams and the guardian of brand images. It's a healthy and human environment, where communication and respect are priorities. Focused on mutual support and collaboration, the studio team meets regularly to improve working practices - as much as to have a coffee and talk about life.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Proofreading and editing of all marketing content (newsletters, product packaging, print, digital, etc.)
- Translation of written content, especially from English into French.
- Adaptations for marketing campaigns, print, digital, social media, press releases, newsletters, blogs, ads, video scripts, website content and internal communications.
- Translate marketing content texts in a variety of styles adapted to the type of document written and the target audience.
- Ensure consistency of all marketing content with the tone and writing style of each of the four brands.
- Effectively prioritize all projects to meet editorial deadlines, following the required translation, review, and approval process.
- Consult with Content Marketing Copywriter, Brand Marketing, R&D and Regulatory Affairs teams regarding the use of appropriate verbiage, terminology, and spelling.
- Learn and understand all existing lexicons and brand terminology.
- Continuously update and maintain brand-based lexicon documents, glossaries, terminology banks, etc.
- Carry out the necessary research to justify the use of specific terminology or spelling.
- Apply a standard of excellence and quality in all forms of copy and communication of marketing content.
- Provide suggestions on possible solutions and best practices for optimizing editing, proofreading and translation processes.
- Be familiar with the most used style guides.
WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in English/French studies, translation, communications, or related field.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years' experience in writing, proofreading, editing, and translating bilingual texts focused on marketing content, as well as communicating effectively and creatively with target audiences.
- Excellent command of English and French (written).
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to spot inconsistencies, typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors.
- Superior proofreading, translation and editing skills, versatile writer able to work in a variety of writing styles.
- Good knowledge of the cosmetics, beauty, and fashion retail sectors.
- Ability to write content for multiple channels (an asset).
AND IF YOU ARE
- Passionate, committed, and proactive - continuous improvement mindset, strong problem-solving approach.
- Rigorous and well organized - able to multitask, manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet strict deadlines.
- Autonomous, agile, and flexible - able to effectively manage emergencies and plan priorities, work under pressure and bounce from one brand to the next.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/groupemarcelle.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals, and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
- 5600 Chem. de la Côte de Liesse, Mont-Royal, QC H4T 4L1, Canada