Claims Representative II
Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
What you will do...
- Manage a caseload of property claims for customers across Ontario and Nova Scotia from our office in Waterloo ON or New Minas NS.
- Co-ordinate the services of field adjusters, emergency services or contractors where necessary.
- Ensure that claims are adjusted to the service standards and protocols established by Heartland Insurance.
- Maintain fully documented claims files. Record and store documents to support file activity, and document action plans to support the file direction.
- Ensure that claims losses are mitigated appropriately for Heartland and our client.
- Develop strong customer, broker and vendor relationships through personal accountability.
- Maintain a diary system to ensure completion of outstanding tasks remains on track.
What you will bring...
- Minimum of 1-year claims adjusting experience, preferably handling property claims, although applicants with auto experience would be considered.
- Post-secondary diploma in a business, journalism, law and security or a similar program, CIP designation or actively pursuing.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, as well as working independently.
- Familiarity with industry-standard property policies is desirable.
- Cross-trained in auto and property claims a definite asset.
What we offer...
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and to enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Job Family Claims
- Pay Type Salary
- Waterloo, ON, Canada