Heartland Farm Mutual Inc. was originally formed in January 2016 from the merger of North Waterloo Farmers Mutual and Oxford Mutual. In August 2021, The Kings Mutual Insurance Company amalgamated with Heartland Farm Mutual Inc. with a combined total of more than 250 years of experience serving rural Ontario’s and Nova Scotia’s insurance needs. The Kings Mutual Insurance a Division of Heartland Farm Mutual strives to be the Best Farm Mutual, offering automobile, property and farm insurance to more than 50,000 people in Ontario and Nova Scotia. We are courageous. Our team is talented and dedicated, challenging the norm and striving to be better every day. People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering a genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products. We are currently recruiting for the role of:
What you will do...
You will service a portfolio of core commercial insurance business requiring a proven underwriting ability and a dedication to customer service perfection. You will be involved in the underwriting of a variety of commercial property risks, providing an opportunity to showcase your commercial underwriting knowledge. You will champion excellent relationships through daily management of an assigned broker portfolio.
What you will bring...
- 3-5 years of commercial property & casualty underwriting experience.
- Focus on building relationships while underwriting and rating policies
- Provide technical advice, recommendations, and critical thinking.
- Very strong sales, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate the ability to handle complex risks
- Strong negotiating skills and business savvy
- Initiative and ability to work under pressure
- Completion of or progress toward a CIP designation is preferred.
What we offer...
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and to enjoy the benefits of working from home.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Job Family Commercial Underwriting
- Pay Type Salary
- Berwick, NS B0P 1E0, Canada