Manager, Technical Services and Vendor Management
Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
The Manager Technical Services and Vendor Management will be responsible for ensuring that all claims handled by Heartland Mutual Insurance are done to the highest standards of customer service and technical excellence. This position will also be responsible for developing strategic relationships with vendors that deliver optimum and efficient claims service to our clients. They will be part of the claims management leadership team that will set the strategic direction for Heartland Claims Department as well as their own business unit. This position will be available in either Berwick, Nova Scotia or Waterloo, Ontario.
A) Job Specific Accountabilities - Key Responsibility Areas (KRA’s)
What you will do...
- Set standards and maintain compliance for claims service and file handling in all lines of claims.
- Establish and monitor Heartland’s network of vendors to ensure service level agreements are adhered to by all vendors.
- Ensure reserving guidelines are established and case reserves accurately reflect expected claims costs.
- Monitor claims intake, workflow, and workload to ensure staffing is adequate to meet service and investigation standards, and adjusters meet accepted productivity guidelines.
- Maintain oversight and provide settlement authority for large loss files in all lines within manager’s level of authority or make recommendations for authority to VP of Claims or CEO where manager’s authority is exceeded.
- Address broker/agent or policyholder complaints and continuously monitor claims service across all lines.
- Supervision of a team of claims technical specialists.
- Support and oversight of employee performance issues within the department.
- Manage a system of monthly internal file audits, to ensure files meet claims handling guidelines.
- Work with management team to set strategic direction of Claims Department
- Ensure adequacy of orientation plans, claims training and cross-training amongst staff, to allow for promotion/career advancement internally where possible.
What you will bring...
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience in claims
- Minimum 10 years of experience in claims handling or Insurance management.
- Ability to problem solve issues without supervision
- Proven track record of developing others
- Good communication skills written and oral
- Ability to think strategically
- Claims litigation experience an asset
- Vendor management experience is an asset.
- Ability to function as part of a collaborative management team.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Job Family Claims
- Pay Type Salary
- Berwick, NS B0P 1E0, Canada