Personal Lines Underwriter II
Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
What you will do...
- In this position you will underwrite auto and property new business, endorsements, renewals
- Apply your excellent customer service and communication skills
- Developing and maintaining broker relationships.
What you will bring...
- As our ideal candidate, you have previous experience within the insurance industry as well as a solid understanding of Personal Lines contracts.
- You have proven decision-making and analytical skills, including the ability to determine how to grow business profitability through assessment and analysis of individual risks.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- CIP designation is preferred.
- Previous experience in underwriting and rural business, dealing with or as a broker would be an asset.
What we offer...
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and to enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Job Family PL Underwriting
- Pay Type Salary
- Waterloo, ON, Canada