We are seeking a certified energy manager to join our Operations team to drive continued performance improvements in energy and water consumption and reductions in GHG emissions across our Canadian portfolio of nearly 13,000 multi-residential suites.
As Energy Manager, you will be responsible for analyzing current energy usage and developing the company’s energy and waste management plans in line with the corporate ESG goals. You will also lead initiatives to reduce water consumption and GHG emissions and improve waste management practices. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with professionals in multiple functions. You will liaise with equipment suppliers and service vendors in conducting the bidding process for equipment updates and retrofits and you will be responsible for portfolio-level reporting on energy, water, GHG emissions and waste.
This will require periodic travel (up to 25%) to various communities across Canada and primarily within the GTA/Southwest Ontario region.
- Play a key role in the continuous improvement of InterRent REIT’s sustainability culture and training programs, and contribute as a member of the corporate ESG Committee;
- Serve as lead and trusted first point of contact for energy requirements and programs for Operations team and residents;
- Maintain and provide optimum comfort in each of our properties while reducing energy consumption levels and costs in line with corporate goals;
- Lead development of energy management strategy and recommend policies directed toward energy conservation, improved efficiency, and increased share of renewables in energy mix;
- Identify, assess, prioritize and recommend energy-saving initiatives, including preparing business cases to support capital expenditures and completing applications to maximize funding available through incentive programs;
- Develop and maintain a corporate-wide Environmental Management System (EMS);
- Review maintenance supply and equipment purchases, and make recommendations to ensure energy efficient replacements are being specified,
- Monitor, analyze and report on portfolio performance for energy, water, GHG emissions, and waste;
- Compile, maintain, and complete all energy reports and related documents as required;
- Compile annual GRESB asset submissions, including reporting asset-level performance data on energy, water, waste, and GHG emissions;
- Liaise with Finance team to produce stakeholder disclosures, including the annual report, sustainability report, MD&A and ad-hoc investor requests;
- Monitor all design and construction activities as they relate to energy management; and
- Other related activities as required.
- 5 years of experience in energy management, or closely related field.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation required or ability to obtain certification
- Knowledge of energy management program development and implementation.
- Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems (EMS).
- Knowledge of building automation systems; HVAC systems, ethernet communication etc.
- Possess broad-based knowledge to successfully troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve problems that relate to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong research, data-organization, and project management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including experience delivering effective presentations and training
- Capacity to read and understand building plans and specifications.
- Computer experience should include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Vehicle and clean drivers abstract.
We love our business – and we’re good at it. It doesn’t take long to learn why we’re different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. It’s why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it’s like to be excited to come to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone!
InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN), along with CLV Group, have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, Montréal and Vancouver.
- Pay Type Salary
- Oakville, ON, Canada
- Ottawa, ON, Canada