We’re seeking a career-focused professional to lead our accounting team, based in our Southwest Ontario office. Reporting to the Director of Property Accounting, the successful candidate will provide leadership and hands-on support in a full spectrum of financial services, including residential and commercial financial reporting, and financial modeling of the Southwest Ontario Region. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a busy, self-directed environment and can work well with tight deadlines both independently and as a team leader. Periodic travel to our job sites across Canada may be required.
Key responsibilities of this role include, at a minimum:
- Experience with Property Management and ability to process high volume rent related transactions
- Manage the preparation of financial and operating results for the property management portfolio
- Manage and train property accountants to continually maintain and improve upon accounting policies, procedures and reporting processes
- Prepare annual budgets and review existing monthly activities
- Manage preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports reconciliations and working papers
- Ensure all transactions are coded to the correct project, cost code, and GL
- Review the processing and reporting of property financials including account reconciliations
- Provide support for all internal customers including operations, leasing and asset management
- Support and direct regional accounts receivable and accounts payable associates
- CPA, (or legacy equivalents)
- 5-8 years job related experience within the real estate/construction/manufacturing industry
· Knowledge of lease terminology and the different types of leases
- Experienced in real estate property management and accounting
- Preferred for people management experience
- Experience with producing full financial statements and budgeting/forecasting
- Experience working with operations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to self- manage, organize, prioritize and interact well with others both internally and externally
- Knowledge of lease terminology and the different types of leases
- Must be comfortable dealing with external auditors
- Exposure to Yardi is considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and online analytical reporting tools such as Cognos is an asset
InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN), along with CLV Group, have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, Montréal and Vancouver.
We love our business – and we’re good at it. It doesn’t take long to learn why we’re different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. It’s why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it’s like to be excited to go to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone!
Only selected candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.
- Pay Type Salary
- Oakville, ON, Canada