Program Manager- Full-Time
Position Description: Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of the enhanced program at St. Marks Place in Kitchener. Supervising program operations including employees, volunteers and students, and ensure provision of a supportive environment in keeping with Indwell’s mission and values. Working together as an interdisciplinary team, this enhanced program provides housing and supports to tenants within Indwell’s community approach, bridging tenants to essential health services.
About Indwell: We are a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded in 1974, we continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. Our belief is that every employee is a leader contributing to transform lives through HOPE and HOMES. Being a part of our amazing team you will be fulfilled working together with others who are genuinely invested in Indwell's mission to serve people impacted by poverty and homelessness. To learn more, go to: indwell.ca/our-model
Hours: Full-time hours with flexibility required. Primarily weekdays, although hours are variable based on program needs. On-call duties required.
- Program Management
- Promote and demonstrate the vision, mission and values of Indwell within the workplace and the community.
- Community relations and liaison with community agencies and professionals.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate the activities and tenant supports.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and regulations.
- Provide after-hours on-call support to staff as required.
- Tenant Supports
- As a representative of a faith based organization, recognize and promote the role of spirituality, and provide support and guidance as required.
- Develop and maintain a supportive relationship with individuals.
- Manage referrals and intakes to maximize program occupancy.
- Manage rent, occupancy, and tenant relations in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Ensure the safe functioning, maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of the facilities.
- Complete required safety checks and inspections as assigned.
- Monitor and ensure implementation of the Integrated Pest Management policy.
- Complete and submit required reports in a timely manner in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Ensure record keeping including: minute taking, client files, occupancy statistics and financial records.
- Ensure information is entered into the organization’s data system.
- Team Participation and Leadership
- Work collaboratively with all directors and managers to promote Indwell’s organizational goals.
- Organize and lead regular team meetings, and attend other agency meetings as required.
- Supervise and support employees, students and volunteers, providing leadership and direction.
- Participate in professional development or other relevant training programs.
- Complete probationary and annual employee evaluations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Community and Public Relations
- Promote Indwell to increase community awareness of Indwell’s mission and programs.
- Participate on community tables and committees.
- In collaboration with the Resource Team, participate in fundraising activities and events.
- Committed to upholding and modeling the standards set out in the organization’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith and other operating standards and policies.
- Ability to demonstrate warmth, sensitivity, and a caring attitude.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, and take initiative.
- Maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Access to a car and valid “G” class driver’s license.
Education: Post-secondary education in psychology, social work, sociology, or a related field required. Three years managerial experience, preferably in a social service setting. Experience in mental health and/or affordable housing is an asset.
Salary: $61,000- $80,900 annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
To Apply: Please apply via our website with resume and cover letter: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only those that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada