Program Supervisor- Full Time
The Station- 16 Queen Street, St. Thomas, ON
Enhanced Housing Support Program
Position Description: Working as part of the interdisciplinary team, as the Program Supervisor you will be responsible for providing residents in Indwell’s supportive housing program with enhanced supports that help them maintain health and housing. Reporting to the Program Manager, you will provide direct supervision and support to program employees and volunteers. The Program Supervisor is responsible for program oversight. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with Indwell’s leadership to uphold organizational mission, vision and values. This position will require a high level of resilience and a willingness to work in close proximity to challenging situations.
About Indwell: We are a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded in 1974, we continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. Our belief is that every employee is a leader contributing to transforming lives through HOPE and HOMES. Being a part of our amazing team you will be fulfilled working together with others who are genuinely invested in Indwell's mission to serve people impacted by poverty and homelessness. To learn more, go to: indwell.ca/our-model
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. Participation in the on-call schedule is required. Schedule flexibility will be required throughout the first year of program launch and as needed based on program demands.
Duties for this position include:
Support, Direction, and Commitment to Interdisciplinary Team
- Supervising and supporting an interdisciplinary team of employees as assigned, providing leadership, support and direction.
- Conducting and documenting regular check-ins with staff and completing employee performance evaluations.
- Ensuring consistent and clear direction to program staff around maintaining and protecting tenant health records.
- Coordinating and performing on-call responsibilities as required.
- Overseeing a thorough onboarding and orientation process for new employees, students, and volunteers.
- Participating and leading the staff recruitment process as needed, in collaboration with Program Manager and HR Team.
- Supporting staff in their efforts to engage tenants in achieving their goals and encourage independence and recovery.
- Support the team / staff responses to tenant complaints/concerns.
- Providing front line support as needed, as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Supporting the delivery and review of quality services and care
- Assure thorough debrief with program staff for all critical incidents and occurrences
- Attention to team dynamics, and the development and maintenance of positive and professional team culture.
- Consistently collaborating and communicating with Program Manager to identify and problem solve around gaps in service, systems and processes.
- Participating and contributing to relevant Cross Regional Teams.
- Leading, attending, and actively involved in team meetings and other agency meetings as required.
- Keeping apprised of new research and developments relevant to your role, through workshops, journals, websites and literature and transfer knowledge back to the team and tenants in the most effective manner available.
- Overseeing the intake process for new tenants and supporting the team with coordinating move-ins and tenant welcome.
- Work in collaboration with the Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care on discharge planning to Indwell housing program.
- Ensure effective integration of Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care residents within the greater supportive housing program.
- Support roll-out of new assessment tools to program staff and tenants.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with community and health partners to support the team and tenants in connecting to community resources and supports.
- Leading, coordinating and/or participating in case conferences with external stakeholders.
- Apply evidence-based practice, influence policy and program development, identify relevant and appropriate trauma informed care that promotes hope and trust.
- Reviewing Landlord Tenant Board process, as needed, in collaboration with the Program Manager, and representing Indwell at possible hearings.
Health, Welfare and Safety Practices
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Use appropriate procedures when responding to emergency situations
- Uphold organizational policy and procedures
- Attend and participate in all required training to maintain and develop new skills.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience with harm reduction approaches to substance use.
- Demonstrated effective crisis intervention skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high stress environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to interpersonal collaborative teamwork and care.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development.
Skills: Experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, substance use, or other special needs. Demonstrating a warm, sensitive, and caring approach. Must be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness. The ability to work independently, have strong problem-solving skills, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. A knowledge of local community resources, support systems and landlord-tenant relations is beneficial.
Education/Experience: Post Secondary degree in related field or equivalent with 2 years of supervisory experience in a social service setting. Experience working in mental health and/or addictions is beneficial.
Salary: $54,300-64,400 annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
To Apply: Please apply with resume and cover letter via our website: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only those that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- St Thomas, ON, Canada