PT Social Worker
Social Worker – Part Time
Woodstock, ON- Harvey Woods Lofts Program
Position Description: The Social Worker works as a member of the interdisciplinary residential team delivering housing and health support services to individuals with mental health and/or substance use challenges. Within this collaborative setting, the Social Worker serves as a core clinical mental health resource to team members and tenants, providing both direct and indirect support through a dynamic variety of role functions.
This position is a unique opportunity for an individual passionate about innovation in the field of social work to help further develop practice paradigms within a forward-thinking and rapidly growing organization. A successful candidate for this position possesses strong leadership skills, critical thinking abilities and has a passion for mentoring others.
About Indwell: We are a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded in 1974, we continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. Our belief is that every employee is a leader contributing to transform lives through HOPE and HOMES. Being a part of our amazing team you will be fulfilled working together with others who are genuinely invested in Indwell's mission to serve people impacted by poverty and homelessness. To learn more, go to: indwell.ca/our-model
Hours of Work: 28 hours per week- Tuesday to Friday. Some flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening, weekend and public holiday hours.
Direct Practice Duties:
- Provide clinical mental health services including assessment, case formulation and comprehensive care planning for tenants in supportive housing community
- Assist in addictions treatment and recovery planning and monitor status of ongoing recovery planning initiatives
- Support tenants with systems-navigation needs including referrals and advocacy within community
- Maintain regular, professional communication with external contacts including hospital social workers, case managers, and other community mental health professionals
- Develop psycho-educational resources and facilitate therapeutic group opportunities drawing from evidence-based therapeutic modalities
- Assist with program-level intake assessment and admission procedures for incoming tenants in partnership with Program Management and Regional Intake Coordinator
Indirect Practice Duties:
- Provide case consultation support and serve as a professional resource to interdisciplinary team on matters of mental health, addictions and systems navigation
- Contribute to ongoing organizational efforts to integrate anti-oppressive and trauma-informed procedures into all areas of practice
- Participate in ongoing organizational development and quality improvement initiatives to enhance tenant experience and missional outcomes
- Complete required reports and documentation in a timely manner in accordance with policy and procedures
As part of an interdisciplinary team of housing support, some responsibilities are shared between all staff members:
- Promote and demonstrate the vision, mission and values of Indwell within the workplace and the community.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings and other Indwell meetings as required
- Support program volunteers and supervise educational placement students, as appropriate
- Foster tenants’ holistic wellness through facilitation of cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, educational, and social activities
- Administer, document and monitor medications in accordance with agency policies and procedures
- Support tenants after hours as required by the on-call schedule
- Complete required safety checks and inspections as assigned
- Assist with administration of evaluation and outcome measurement tools (i.e OCAN), as required
- As a representative of a faith-based organization, recognize and promote the role of spirituality and provide support and guidance as required.
Qualifications & Education:
- Community psychiatric or community mental health experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in evidence-based therapeutic modalities (i.e. CBT, DBT, ACT) and their application to mental health and addictions field
- Promotes dignity of all tenants through practices that are client-centred, strengths-based and anti-oppressive
- Experience with theory and practice of harm reduction
- Knowledge of available community resources and of systemic barriers tenants may experience in accessing them
- Training in crisis intervention and suicide risk assessment are assets
- Ability to work effectively in a high stress environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working in collaborative team environment
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and is adept at case notes and all professional documentation
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development of self and others
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree and eligibility for registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers, and a minimum of three years’ experience in a social service setting.
Compensation: $24.13-$28.17 /hourly based on education and experience.
To Apply: Please apply with resume and cover letter via our website: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only those that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 18 Vansittart Ave, Woodstock, ON N4S 0A2, Canada