Facilities Coordinator- Full Time
St. Thomas, Ontario
Position Description: The Facilities Coordinator assists in maintenance and operations of buildings across Indwell’s supportive housing portfolio. Stewarding resources to ensure high standards of quality in our infrastructure, sites and services while maintaining strong working relationships with program staff and tenants alike.
About Indwell: We are a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded in 1974, we continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. Our belief is that every employee is a leader contributing to transform lives through HOPE and HOMES. Being a part of our amazing team you will be fulfilled working together with others who are genuinely invested in Indwell's mission to serve people impacted by poverty and homelessness.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, as scheduled. Primarily weekdays although hours can change based on program needs. Participation in the on-call 24/7 rotation schedule is required every 4-6 weeks.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Respond to maintenance and repair needs throughout Indwell’s buildings
- Document work orders, updating status and completion dates as required in Yardi (Indwell’s property management software)
- Perform repairs, upgrades and cleaning to ensure that vacated apartments are ready for new tenants as part of turnover process
- Complete monthly inspections and preventative maintenance
- Perform tasks such as painting, drywall patching, repairs to plumbing and electrical fixtures
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery of materials from suppliers
- Be aware of and follow all agency policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in property management, maintenance, or facility operations
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of tools and equipment
- Must be a team player and have the ability to communicate effectively via various means (i.e. phone, email, office 365 suite)
- Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, kneel, walk, and lift heavy objects (up to 25 kilograms)
- Valid “G” class driver’s license and access to vehicle recommended
- Committed to upholding and modeling the standards set out in the organization’s Mission Statement and other operating standards and policies
Education: Relevant experience in trades, construction, or property maintenance.
Salary: $49, 300- $58,800 annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- St Thomas, ON, Canada