PT Housing Support Worker
Housing Support Worker- Part Time
Woodstock, ON- Blossom Park Program
Position Description: The Housing Support Worker promotes housing stability and supporting health, wellness and community belonging. They will participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team supporting the treatment, rehabilitation, and care for individuals within the program. This is a specialized housing program serving individuals who have experienced long term housing instability and/or long stay hospitalizations.
About Indwell: We are a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded in 1974, we continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. Our belief is that every employee is a leader contributing to transform lives through HOPE and HOMES. Being a part of our amazing team you will be fulfilled working together with others who are genuinely invested in Indwell's mission to serve people impacted by poverty and homelessness. To learn more, go to: indwell.ca/our-model
What our Tenants say:
- "The welcoming you get when you walk through the doors, from tenants to staff. They're always checking on you."
- "Living at Indwell has been teaching me to do things and taught me how to get along with better people, be better people and trust people and let people do and say what they want."
- "An affordable rent. It’s huge, it’s huge. It means I can eat properly. And that affects my physical and mental health, so that is huge."
Hours of Work: Part time 20 hours per week; weekdays, including weekends, public holidays, and evenings. Hours worked to be scheduled as required by program needs.
Duties For This Position Include:
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to individuals.
- Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
- Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills.
- Planning and facilitating programs.
- Supporting volunteers.
- Assisting with admission and orientation of new tenants.
- Rent collection and other landlord responsibilities.
- Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Requirements: The successful candidate will have experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, addictions or other special needs. Demonstrating a warm, sensitive and caring approach, the ability to work on a team and independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem-solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness. A knowledge of local community resources and support systems and landlord-tenant relations is beneficial.
Education/Experience: Post-secondary education and related experience.
Salary: $20.43 - $24.56 hourly based on education and experience.
To Apply: Please apply online with resume and cover letter at www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants, however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Its supports and services are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell engages with diverse communities: we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 373 Blossom Park Rd, Woodstock, ON N4S 7J3, Canada