FT Program Manager (Waterloo Region)
Full Time Program Manager
Region of Waterloo
Closing Date for Applications: September 29th, 2023.
Position Description: Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Program Manager will be responsible for the overall management of, and leadership for various housing locations in the Waterloo region. They will be overseeing all program operations including employees, volunteers and tenants, and ensure provision of a supportive environment in keeping with Indwell’s mission and values. The Program Manager will operate a new program model for Indwell with assistance of the Regional Manager.
About Indwell: We are a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded in 1974, we continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. Our belief is that every employee is a leader contributing to transform lives through HOPE and HOMES. Being a part of our amazing team you will be fulfilled working together with others who are genuinely invested in Indwell's mission to serve people impacted by poverty and homelessness. To learn more, go to: indwell.ca/our-model
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week with flexibility required. Primarily weekdays, although hours are variable based on program needs. On-call duties required.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Promote and demonstrate the vision, mission and values of Indwell within the workplace and the community.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and evaluate the programs in collaboration with the Regional Managers and Program Director.
- Supervise and support employees and volunteers, providing leadership and direction.
- Establish and monitor program targets.
- Ensure delivery and reporting of all services, including clinical support, as determined by the funding agreement.
- Ensure compliance with standards, regulations, and by-laws, including Indwell policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safe functioning, maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of the facilities in collaboration with Region of Waterloo staff.
- Manage a staff team focused on providing mental health and addiction support to various tenants within two currently operating buildings.
- Create knowable communities that provide safety and support to all that live there.
- Manage community relations and liaise with community agencies and professionals.
- Accountable for managing to the program budget.
- Provide after-hours on-call support to staff and tenants as required.
Education/Experience: Post-secondary degree in psychology, social work, sociology, or a related field required. Master’s degree is an asset. Managerial experience is required, preferably in a social service setting. Experience in mental health, addictions and/or affordable housing is an asset.
Requirement: Must hold a valid G class driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
Salary: $61,000- $80,900 annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution. annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
To Apply: Please apply with cover letter and resume to our website: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- Waterloo, ON, Canada