Canada Summer Jobs - Community Engagement Assistant
Events and Fundraising Assistant, Temporary Contract (12 weeks)
Contract Dates: May through July 2023
All positions subject to approval by Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs
Candidates must be between the ages of 18-30
About Indwell: We are a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded in 1974, we continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. Our belief is that every employee is a leader contributing to transform lives through HOPE and HOMES. Being a part of our amazing team you will be fulfilled working together with others who are genuinely invested in Indwell's mission to serve people impacted by poverty and homelessness. To learn more, go to: indwell.ca/our-model
Position Description: Reporting to the Community Engagement Coordinator, the Community Engagement Assistant will help with fundraising and community engagement activities for the capital campaign in London.
- Help plan several events in London and St. Thomas to promote Indwell’s fundraising and community engagement.
- Assist with tours and donor engagement
- Prepare social media posts.
- Participate in tenant events and community building activities at Indwell’s programs
- Recruit volunteer team to assist in planning
- Develop social media and traditional media campaign to recruit participants
- Attend planning meetings
- Help define and develop invitation list
- Send invitation, receive RSVP’s, send reminders
- Help plan event, program, and arrange logistics
- Assist with updating key information in database
- Assist with stewardship activities
- Committed to upholding and modeling the standards set out in the organization’s Mission Statement, Code of Conduct and other operating standards and policies.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative.
- Availability to attend scheduled events.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Prefer candidate with strong MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) along with Canva and video editing skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideal candidate will have training and/or experience in marketing or communications.
- Candidate must qualify for age requirements set by Canada Summer Jobs (18-30 years old).
Hours: 30 hours per week with flexibility required. Primarily weekdays. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 12 weeks (subject to approval).
Remuneration: $16.50/hr.; hours and position length subject to approval of Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs.
To Apply: Please apply online via our website www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Hourly
- London, ON, Canada