Canada Summer Jobs - Resource Centre Team - Intake Support
Full-Time Intake Support Worker – Temporary (12 week contract) Subject to approval
Contract Dates: May through August 2023
All Positions Subject to Approval by Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs
Candidates must be between 18-30 years old
About Indwell: We are a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded in 1974, we continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. Our belief is that every employee is a leader contributing to transform lives through HOPE and HOMES. Being a part of our amazing team you will be fulfilled working together with others who are genuinely invested in Indwell's mission to serve people impacted by poverty and homelessness. To learn more, go to: indwell.ca/our-model
Position Description: Working with the Intake Team, the Intake Support Worker assists in the access and intake system, answering phone calls and enquiries, screening and assessing needs, prioritizing, and making appropriate follow up appointments and referrals, and administration tasks related to housing applications and waiting list. This role will focus on reviewing Indwell's existing wait list in the London region.
Location: London, ON
Hours of Work: Full-time, 40 hours per week. Primarily weekdays, with flexibility to meet program needs. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 12 weeks (subject to approval).
Duties for this Position Include:
- Receiving preliminary client information to screen suitability for an assessment or admission.
- Ensuring data entry of all documentation to the database.
- Assisting with maintaining the waiting list.
- Updating priority lists.
- Maintaining up-to-date client records in compliance with data collection standards.
- Coordinating intake assessment meetings with program staff.
- Contacting referring sources, applicants, and families.
- Contacting existing applicants to update files.
- Responding to telephone and email inquiries, referrals, and request for service.
- Commitment to Indwell’s mission, vision and faith statement.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in providing quality care for individuals living with mental illness, chronic conditions and physical disabilities.
- Knowledge of resources for affordable housing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivator to complete tasks independently required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Courteous, tactful, diplomatic and friendly.
Education/Experience: College diploma or university degree. Experience working in a social service setting.
Remuneration: $16.50/hour; hours and position length subject to approval of Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at www.indwell.ca/careers . We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell's leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell's statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Hourly
- London, ON, Canada