Canada Summer Jobs - Community Coordinator
Full Time Community Coordinator (3 Positions), Temporary Contract (8weeks)
St Thomas Program - St Thomas, ON
Contract Dates: June through August 2023
Canada Summer Jobs
Candidates must be between 18-30 years old
About Indwell: We are a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded in 1974, we continue to grow and thrive to build high quality energy efficient housing and inclusive living, uplifting our society. Our belief is that every employee is a leader contributing to transform lives through HOPE and HOMES. Being a part of our amazing team you will be fulfilled working together with others who are genuinely invested in Indwell's mission to serve people impacted by poverty and homelessness. To learn more, go to: indwell.ca/our-model
Position Description: Report to the Program Supervisor, the Community Coordinator works to support tenants in connecting to community resources and events.
Hours of Work: Full time, 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 8 weeks (subject to approval).
Duties for this Position Include:
- Working as part of a team to provide direct and indirect support to tenants in a supportive housing environment.
- Helping individuals connect to community resources, supports and programming.
- Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, social and community skills by planning and supporting participation in cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, educational, and social activities.
- Arranging and coordinating all aspects of recreational and community activities for tenants.
- Assisting in implementing and executing community events for the launch of "The Station"
- Supporting volunteers.
- Documentation of events, including program planning, tracking of participants, evaluation of events.
- Develop therapeutic relationships.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Requirements: Demonstrate a genuine interest in providing quality care for individuals living with mental illness, chronic conditions, and physical disabilities. Must have the ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships.
Education/Experience: Minimum High School diploma. Priority given to those with post-secondary education in the social sciences and/or residential experience.
Remuneration: $16.50/hour; hours and position length subject to approval of Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume at www.indwell.ca/careers . We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell's leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell's statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Hourly
- St Thomas, ON, Canada