Director, Application Architecture
We’re looking for a Director, Application Architecture to join the MCAN’s IT family.
The Director, Application Architecture will work under the direction of the Vice President IT, is responsible for overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software applications at MCAN. They will contribute to the development of IT Strategy and understand how software applications can support business objectives. They should be able to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement and develop plans to implement new solutions. Providing creditable and agile leadership, coaching and direction to the development teams and other internal, indirect team members.
What you will be responsible for:
· The Director, Application Architecture should have a deep understanding of software development principles, technologies, and methodologies. They should be knowledgeable in various programming languages, databases, cloud technologies, and other relevant software tools and platforms.
· They should have experience designing software architectures that meet business requirements, are scalable, and can adapt to changing business needs. They should be able to assess the technical feasibility of new projects and provide recommendations on how to approach development.
· The Director, Application Architecture should be able to identify and solve complex technical problems. They should be able to analyze issues, develop solutions, and implement changes in a timely and effective manner.
· Director, Application Architecture should be an effective leader who can inspire and guide a team of developers and architects. They should be able to provide direction, feedback, and mentorship to team members and help them grow in their careers.
· Develop and lead architecture best practices across the organization, partner with key stakeholders across IT and the business as required.
· Liaising and working with senior leadership, and internal teams to complete check-ins, gather updates and make changes to the process and direction of each project.
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and ensure that deadlines are met. They should have experience with agile methodologies and be able to manage software development lifecycles. Ensure risks and issues are tracked and reported. Mitigation plans are built and executed.
· They should have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. They should be able to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
The work experience, skills, education that you bring:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
· 8+ years practical architecture and design with application Integration, B2B & API technologies.
· Competency in various languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, XML, Python, R, Visual Basic (.NET), ASP/ASP.NET) etc.
· Integration Experience with a wide range of applications & SaaS (e.g. ERP, CRM, and Salesforce etc.)
· Experience with Business Infrastructure concepts and technologies (API, Microservices, SOAP/REST, Docker, VMWare, Azure etc.)
· Strong experience in implementing Architecture standards, Governance frameworks (like TOGAF) & Technical Debt Management.
· Mortgage industry experience with lender applications is an asset.
· An appreciation of end-user requirements, specifically the ability to see the big picture and understand the need of stakeholders.
· Advanced communication skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization.
· Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
· Experience reviewing and examining business processes and systems, modeling data, organizing activities, and developing business strategies leading to successful business projects execution.
· Highly organized with good time management skills. An Analytical thinker with creative problem-solving skills and attention to detail
· Expert team leadership capability with the ability to handle conflict professionally and bring to a successful resolution.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
MCAN is committed to providing accommodation to applicants throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require any accommodations, please contact our Human Resources team at 416 644 5257.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Perm FT
- Toronto, ON, Canada