Western Canada Infrastructure - Intermediate Transportation Engineer
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
- Create, manage and distribute project related documentation and correspondence;
- Geometric design of highways, municipal roads, and intersections including urban and rural, new/greenfield and rehabilitation/reconstruction;
- Coordinating project requirements with environmental, geotechnical, utility relocation, and land acquisition disciplines and sub-consultants;
- Assisting in supervising other technologists, including and checking CAD work;
- Producing written planning and design reports;
- Producing design spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel including checking quantities;
- Producing construction specifications, tender documents, cost estimates, and aggregate requests;
- Coordinate and provide meeting set-up for internal and external meetings;
- Interpreting and implementing standards from provincial and federal regulatory bodies; and
- Maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Completion of a university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.);
- 2 - 7 years’ of progressive consulting experience completing transportation projects for Alberta Transportation or Municipal clients;
- Demonstrated experience with Alberta Transportation design guidelines and construction specifications;
- Ability to read and understand survey plans and drawings;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software would be considered an asset;
- Excellent field negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Available to travel, evenings and weekends may be necessary;
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork and coordination;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance; and
- Provide a 3 year driver abstract with 2 or less minor incidents and no major incidents.
- Calgary, AB, Canada